Facts, Not Fiction

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    Ill be hoping for WVN to come back but I wouldnt even bet the Toyota on him coming back to 2016/17 form .. Not even close.
    You never saw my old Toyota, which died Sept 2016. SR5 P/U, 280,000 miles, rust all over the rear bed, dents, faded paint.

2. Collapse Details

The link to the article on home page says

Glancing Back On van Niekerk's Superb Career
    Seems to have a sad tone of finality to it . . .

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Seems to have a sad tone of finality to it . . .
    I had the same impression. Hope it ain't so.

4. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    maybe it is time to start thinking about the 800m.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    maybe it is time to start thinking about the 800m.
    was waiting for this comment.

6. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    was waiting for this comment.
    Found it hard to believe that I was first to say it.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrJay View Post
    My guess is we've seen the best of WVN. Wouldn't bet the farm on it, but I'd bet the Toyota.

And, while it's feels so disappointing for him, and as a fan....what a fricking stupid thing to do! My son is not an Olympian but is trying to be the best sprinter he can be in this his senior year in HS. He hasn't been on his mountain bike in two years. If he skied last year it was maybe one day, if that, and he will not ski this year at all, even on green runs (and he is comfortable on double-blacks)....why take the chance? What....a....stupid....injury.
    Exactly. My daughter is in her Sr year, trying to make State...and I try to steer her away from senseless risk. You still have to enjoy being a kid, but not senselessly.

I tore my ACL at age 40, and I'd say I didn't return to 97% for about 15 months. I was probably at 90% in 7-8 months, but the final push took longer. It was all about scar tissue and muscle mass recovery. (I say 97% because at this age, 100% is impossible.)

Adrian Peterson broke he mold. I theorize that he had the great season BECAUSE of his ACL therapy. He took his normal insane workout regimen and added to that all of the extra stuff that comes with ACL recovery. Stretches, movements, balance stuff...all those things that he didn't normally do. He attacked it with his normal intensity, and voila! He had everything football-wise he once had, with a little extra. If you watch youtube film of his 2000 yard season, he had all of his old speed and power, but I'd say what jumps out at me is his lateral quickness is off the charts that year. His jump-cuts that got him loose were at an all-time best that year.

On a side not for GH, after the initial swelling went down I was able to run and hike until surgery. It wasn't very painful at all. My Doctor didn't mind, in fact he chalked it up to pre-hab. The fitter and more muscular you are before surgery, the better. GRANTED, I was wearing a brace and extremely careful but he said since I was having surgery anyhow, and the entire ligament was going to be replaced anyhow; "How can you make it any worse?"
    Last edited by scottmitchell74; 11-21-2017 at 06:44 PM.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!