Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by said88 View Post
    Wow - thank you so much for this!

And then we see Ingrid Kristiansen, Grete Waitz and John Walker! And another WR from Paula Fudge - what a clip!

Does anyone have the full results from the mens 5000m and the 1500m with Walker?
    Yes Paula Fudge, one of the Yeoman Twins, 15:14...the first official women's 5000 record...and the short meeting with Waitz is charming...

This is a great find...

The full results of both the Fudge and Rono races are in the World Record book.

Fudge: 15:14.51
    Ingrid Christensen: 15:29.21
    Mona Kleppe: 16:49.69

Kipsubai Koskei, Kenya, 13:36 was the only one else under 14.

Also James Espir and Ian Stewart did what Cram did...get lapped and then help pace...
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 09-28-2017 at 10:29 PM.

2. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    This really reminds me of something I loved about track in the 70s and 80s and really miss..high quality performances in some low key environment...like the Hayward all comer meets or the simple meets in Durham, Massachusetts....and other places.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post

The full results of both the Fudge and Rono races are in the World Record book.

Also James Espir and Ian Stewart did what Cram did...get lapped and then help pace...
    In my IAAF WR book (1999 edition) there are the first eight finishers of the mens race listed as well as Cram, Stewart and Espir as pace setters. But there are 15 athletes at the starting line, so four are missing. But the finishing time of the eight place was over 15 minutes, so maybe these four havn't finished at all or just have ran very average times. But if anyone have them, I still would be very happy to get the names. Thanks.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    This really reminds me of something I loved about track in the 70s and 80s and really miss..high quality performances in some low key environment...like the Hayward all comer meets or the simple meets in Durham, Massachusetts....and other places.
    I totally agree.