Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Berlin Marathon 2017
    Reliable source reports a couple of "2nd tier" men - Patrick Makau and Luke Kibet - have scratched. Neither was going to win (or probably even be close).

Weather forecast: cloudy, 15% chance of rain, high of 63 low of 51 (pre dawn).

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Fielding Melish View Post
    Reliable source reports a couple of "2nd tier" men - Patrick Makau and Luke Kibet - have scratched. Neither was going to win (or probably even be close).

Weather forecast: cloudy, 15% chance of rain, high of 63 low of 51 (pre dawn).
    Will management provide a 'rabbit' that goes out in sub-60 (HM)?

If the atmospheric conditions (wind, temp, humidity) are conducive to a record, it could go, sub-2 or no sub-2.

The best conditions I ever ran in (and got a huge PR in my rare 10K forays) was 60 degrees with drizzling rain, low wind.

3. Collapse Details

Has anyone seen the full elite field listing? I couldn't find it on the website of the meet.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post

If the atmospheric conditions (wind, temp, humidity) are conducive to a record, it could go, sub-2 or no sub-2.

The best conditions I ever ran in (and got a huge PR in my rare 10K forays) was 60 degrees with drizzling rain, low wind.
    There is no way they will go 60min for the first half. That will result in a serious carnage in the second half. If the conditions are right, they will probably go 61:15-61:20.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post

My guess is that when a sub 2 is run, it will be done with a slight negative split. I'm not sure we are there yet.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    My guess is that when a sub 2 is run, it will be done with a slight negative split. I'm not sure we are there yet.
    I am sure that we are not there yet. The best marathon runner of the era had all of the stars aligned and all the help possible, including not only a lot of pacers in a V continually trading off, but a big wind block in the form of the clock on top of the car, no corners, no competition worries, ... and he was still 25 seconds back.

7. Collapse Details

I predict 2:02:10-2:02:15

8. Collapse Details

2:01:55

Last mile in 3:59.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    I am sure that we are not there yet. The best marathon runner of the era had all of the stars aligned and all the help possible, including not only a lot of pacers in a V continually trading off, but a big wind block in the form of the clock on top of the car, no corners, no competition worries, ... and he was still 25 seconds back.
    fer craps sake. It was a figure of speech. I'm well aware 2hours isn't happenin at this time.

10. Collapse Details

My fear is that with 3 superstars in it, the race becomes tactical in the second half.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...