Facts, Not Fiction

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    Bartoletta's latest post ("A Foreign Currency") is a must-read. Now posted to home page.
    I've learned to absolutely despise social media for seemingly bringing out the worst in people on a consistent basis, but...her blog...wow.

Tianna, you are SO much stronger than you know, and yet so much stronger than you were. Keep writing, I'll keep reading.

2. Collapse Details

Have read some of her other blog pieces, and this one ranks high!
    She should write a memoir!
    Be so much more interesting than, say, SFH's!!

She WILL be back full-strength!
    And never forgotten!

3. Collapse Details

I asked on the USATF thread if she’d split from Rana Reider because she seemed to be bouncing between hotels since the winter. The blog post confirms a coaching setback which she says is now resolved. It’s sad that a lot of things don’t work out for her but achieving what she has while suffering constant setbacks says a lot about her character.

4. Collapse Details

Administrator
    another must-read Bartoletta blog ("True Blood") now posted to the home page.

5. Collapse Details

Damn. A great post on not only being an athlete but an aging athlete and a human being.

6. Collapse Details

She's a great writer and storyteller. Hopeful now she's got the diagnosis sorted and the time to perfect a new take off leg she'll be a factor in Tokyo.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by booond View Post
    Damn. A great post on not only being an athlete but an aging athlete and a human being.
    Indeed.

When I was young and lean and fit (all the way into my 40s), I was never sick or injured. I felt invincible.

Nowadays, I am just grateful to be healthy and active, but there are no more invincible days . . . but that's OK too.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Indeed.

When I was young and lean and fit (all the way into my 40s), I was never sick or injured. I felt invincible.

Nowadays, I am just grateful to be healthy and active, but there are no more invincible days . . . but that's OK too.
    I was always injured - hammy, ankles, back - and my feeling of invincibility was one of my biggest failings.

9. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Most interesting nugget in that blog post is the fact she has a defamation attorney lol
    There are no strings on me

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by booond View Post
    I was always injured - hammy, ankles, back - and my feeling of invincibility was one of my biggest failings.
    I'd swear this sort of reminiscing got shuttled over to a thread titled (loosely) "Elderly farts talking about the good old days...." oh, about 2 years ago.

found it;

https://trackandfieldnews.com/discus...ighlight=farts
    Last edited by trackCanuck; 08-10-2019 at 04:43 PM.