Facts, Not Fiction

Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

I wonder who'll step up and win the bronze fight. Naser seems to be running well but can she do it yet again with another pb? I'd love Novlene to get bronze but that's probably not realistic unless everyone tries to go with Felix/Miller-Uibo and dies, which is equally unrealistic.

Be two horse race for gold with a silver consolation and then the fight for bronze between the rest.

2. Collapse Details

There are more than two good runners in the Final.

3. Collapse Details

Miller will mow them all down in the home-straight. Felix will lead into this but falter and Naser will run past her to take the silver.

4. Collapse Details

I think that Felix has a better chance of getting a difficult race just right than does Miller-Uibo (who did not go to Southern Methodist University). Miller got it a bit wrong last year but got away with it in a manner that you could never count on. She did not dive for the line, she said she fell because she could not keep her feet.

In addition, Felix has some stunningly good performances in the 4x400 and there might be more than one way for her to run this. If she comes out and does something completely different that they have been working on it might affect M-U.

5. Collapse Details

Is it just my imagination running wild, or does anyone else here think that Allyson Felix and Shaunae Miller-Uibo could possibly give us a repeat of the 1982 Euro Champs, when Marita Koch and Jarmila Kratochvílová went absolutely hell's bells from the start, with no one else even close?

I hope it ain't cold tomorrow, or else the race could slow, and Salwa Naser could end up joining in on this battle.

6. Collapse Details

I don't think they will be nearly as far ahead of the rest as MK and JK were in Athens. Naser is looking like she can get close.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CookyMonzta View Post
    I hope it ain't cold tomorrow, or else the race could slow, and Salwa Naser could end up joining in on this battle.
    Are you suggesting that a Bahraini athlete would be more used to running when it's cold??

Generally, if the conditions are 'slow', they will result in everyone running slower than they would in more conducive weather.

8. Collapse Details

I don't think Naser can run another PR, but definitely have a shot to medal.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CookyMonzta View Post
    Is it just my imagination running wild, or does anyone else here think that Allyson Felix and Shaunae Miller-Uibo could possibly give us a repeat of the 1982 Euro Champs, when Marita Koch and Jarmila Kratochvílová went absolutely hell's bells from the start, with no one else even close?

The forecast is pouring rain

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
    Interesting. She doesn't look Nigerian at all so I had to do some Googling. Her dad is from Bahrain so guess that still qualifies her as a non-export.
    I was told by a Nigerian journalist that she is fully Nigerian, and that the story of a parent from Bahrain is not correct.