Facts, Not Fiction

Thread: Padua

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy News View Post
    Probably doesn't matter, no one even jumps 2m and higher other than her this year.
    Maybe, Cunningham was pressing her in London though and has a 1.99 this season. So lets see. Lasitskene has been so dominant this year and is still clear favorite IMO, but her loosing in London would not surprise me.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy News View Post
    Probably doesn't matter, no one even jumps 2m and higher other than her this year.
    Palsyte jumped 2.01 indoors. Haven't seen any outdoor results from her. Injured?

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LNO View Post
    Palsyte jumped 2.01 indoors. Haven't seen any outdoor results from her. Injured?
    She no-heighted at Pre and that's been her only outdoor meet.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    Maybe, Cunningham was pressing her in London though and has a 1.99 this season. So lets see. Lasitskene has been so dominant this year and is still clear favorite IMO, but her loosing in London would not surprise me.
    She's competed in 18 meets this year and won them all. So, yes, she is clearly the favorite in London. And her losing in London would definitely surprise me.

5. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by LNO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    She no-heighted at Pre and that's been her only outdoor meet.
    And that one "meet" consisted of a single jump at her opening height on which she apparently hurt herself, then withdrew.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    And that one "meet" consisted of a single jump at her opening height on which she apparently hurt herself, then withdrew.
    Palsyte is counting the days down to the London WC on her twitter page. So, it looks like she will attempt to give it a try.

7. Collapse Details

Administrator
    her Twitter page leads to an Instagram post right after Pre

<<It was really hard for me to accept the fact that I will not be able to #compete in @preclassic . I felt a sharp pain in my take off leg while doing a warm up jump. I risked to jump anyway and left the sector with even bigger pain.

It's always hard when your head wants to #jump but your body is just not able to do that. I know that this is not the end of the world and it's just a beginning of the season so I have plenty of time to heal and return even stronger. It's just so hard to face the fact that I've been working and balancing on the sharp edge to reach my goals and in the first meeting I got injured. >>

8. Collapse Details

I'm not sure I would worry about Lasitskene much. She might have been a bit shaky early in the competetion here, but I've seen bits of the meet now on YouTube and she had 2 *very* good attempts at 2.08 to end with.

She will be in Monaco next, then the Russian Champs 28 July! Certainly not taking the rest up approach. Off the top of my head I can't think of a bigger favourite going into London.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HasBeenNeverWas View Post
    Off the top of my head I can't think of a bigger favourite going into London.
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Włodarczyk?[/COLOR]

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HasBeenNeverWas View Post
    I'm not sure I would worry about Lasitskene much. She might have been a bit shaky early in the competetion here, but I've seen bits of the meet now on YouTube and she had 2 *very* good attempts at 2.08 to end with.

She will be in Monaco next, then the Russian Champs 28 July! Certainly not taking the rest up approach. Off the top of my head I can't think of a bigger favourite going into London.
    She is definately a clear favorite, but WVN, Włodarczyk, Semenya and maybe others are way farther favorites in their respective events. At least IMO.