Facts, Not Fiction

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    So Vetter's average was 300‑5/91.56. Opening with 4 straight PRs. That series probably gets my vote for POY at this point of the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    Curious how much a full field series factors into the POY? Didnt Włodarczyk have an insane series in both her WR throws yet only end up 4th/5th in the POY?
    POY voting doesn't follow the same "rigid" set of rules that goes into choosing the AOY. We have always left the voters to their own devices in picking the POY. (one restriction: no age-based considerations) Some may well not value a series as much as I do.

2. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    POY voting doesn't follow the same "rigid" set of rules that goes into choosing the AOY. We have always left the voters to their own devices in picking the POY. (one restriction: no age-based considerations) Some may well not value a series as much as I do.
    I would hope (and hopefully expect) hat the voters try to "spread the awards around" such that there is a general aversion to giving the POY to same athlete as the AOY winner.

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    couldn't disagree more, but in any case, since the POY voters have no inkling of how the AOY voting went, they'd be incapable of doing so (other than in slam-dunk years).