Facts, Not Fiction

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    I don't ever remember her actually declining her spot in any event. Maybe I missed it though?
    I also remember reading that she didn't want to run the 200. Perhaps I took that wrong, after hearing that Bolt and Gatlin and Coleman and Thompson didn't want to run it either.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    She sounded pretty definitive in this piece

http://olympics.nbcsports.com/2017/0...championships/
    That's the article I was referencing before I just posted, saying she for sure does not "want" to do the double. But again, note this came out less than 24 hours after she stepped off the track from the 200m.

3. Collapse Details

Note the absence of Keturah Orji (heard a rumor a week ago she was off, but have never heard why)
    She hasn't competed since Sacramento. No idea why not, nor why she's not on the team.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    That's the article I was referencing before I just posted, saying she for sure does not "want" to do the double. But again, note this came out less than 24 hours after she stepped off the track from the 200m.
    It seems like she declined her spot, but there IS wiggle room.

Add Tori Bowie to the list of sprinters not looking to double at the world championships in August.

“I for sure don’t want to do the double [at worlds],” Bowie said Sunday. “I just wanted to give myself an option [to race the 100m or the 200m].”

“More than anything I wanted to try to get this 100m right and try to achieve a gold medal . . .

5. Collapse Details

From the article linked on the front page
    http://www.nation.co.ke/sports/athle...9mz/index.html

Kirwa warned that several Kenyan athletes risk being locked out of the London World Championships due August 4-13 for failing to meet IAAF requirement of at least three mandatory out-of-competition doping tests before the event.
    Anybody knows what's up with that? I've never heard of this requirement for three OOC tests for a start in London.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    It appears they are entering him as 2016 African Champion (regional comp entry).
    ASA has now withdrawn discus thrower Victor Hogan from their team. Excerpt from their release:

"Athletics South Africa has taken the decision to withdraw Discus Throw athlete, Victor Hogan, from the initial list of 24 athletes going to the IAAF World Championships in London, England to be held from 4-13 August, 2017.

This follows IAAF correspondence rejecting Hoganís entry as part of Team SA.

ASA had entered his name as the Area Champion based on his win of the continental title at the CAA 20th African Senior Championships in Durban in June 2016.

But the IAAF in its decision has noted that because of his subsequent last year suspension for testing positive for a prohibited substance, all performances achieved in that period are not recognised and have been scrapped...."

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy News View Post
    So Bowie is running the 200m after all.
    I'm not sure if that is her intention, but I do feel like, Sacramento notwithstanding, the 200m is her best bet to get gold in London. I don't see anyone beating ET in the 100 and since, somewhat inexplicably, SHE doesn't want to double, the 200m seems softer. I don't think Bowie has yet run the 200 she is capable of...

8. Collapse Details

She sounded pretty definitive in this piece

http://olympics.nbcsports.com/2017/0...championships/
    She could have changed her mind, people have been known to do that.

9. Collapse Details

Administrator
    see new story on front page regards Kenyan m800 "circus"

10. Collapse Details