Facts, Not Fiction

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
  1. Collapse Details

From Stowers' Twitter:

Yes my wig came off ������������ lol but I am glad that I am okay. I hit my head really hard. Thank God it wasn't worse������������

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    That's extremely optimistic. I'd rather go with the defending Olympic Champion who has the demonstrated excellence at the highest level for quite a while. That said, I don't think McMaster should be discounted.
    His race yesterday when he just lost on the home straight through inexperience showed he may be a top guy in the next couple of years. But McMaster is a def possible as a medallist. He has certainly not over raced this year.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Certainly their prerogative, but when someone has 'done the time for the crime', a higher conscousness mind would forgive and move on. I'm sure the meet organizers would like to be forgiven for the transgressions they have commited and atoned for.
    Im sure the organizers want a successful meet with headlines that concentrate on the great performances not 2 x drug cheats.

(Don't you have to at least afmit to something beofre you can atone for it ?)
    i deserve extra credit

4. Collapse Details

He can atone for the suspension even if he does not think that the suspension was due to something that he had tried to do. Somehow that potential state of the world does not exist in your mind. I think that it is most likely that he did use PEDs (i.e., meaning to) but that it is absolutely not known if this is the case. I take it that your opinion is that the likelihood of Gatlin's story is very small so that you take that position that it is certain, and that is clearly not the case.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    Did Spanovic drop out of the LJ? She took one jump which stands as the leader, but no further jumps...
    I spoke to het after she withdrew. She hurt her ankle in Lausanne as there was something wrong with the board there. She did one jumo today 6.88 !! But was in too much pain to continue. She doesn't think its anything serious and has time to recover.

After jumping 7.24 indoors she wants to be jumping at least 7.10 outdoors as that's the kind of distance she will need to win WC.

6. Collapse Details

Ato said Elaine wasn't wearing flats: she was wearing distance spikes; he said she is in pain.
    Last edited by acheter; 01-04-2018 at 07:33 AM.

7. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakilo View Post
    Great news for Botswana 4x400 fans!
    Looking forward to seeing them, hoping they can medal.

8. Collapse Details

Noticed that Lipsey winning the 800 in (I think) her 3rd best outdoor time ever was never noted in this thread.

I cant seem to find any video of the race unfortunately.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    I thought the camera leading the runners worked in some cases and not in others. There were times when the camera focused too much on a couple of runners i.e. Muir and Obiri in the wMile to the point in which you could not see anyone else in the race. I prefer to see more of the field during the race. With that said, the coverage was very good.
    I was okay with the women's mile, since Muir and Obiri were the only runners in contention at any point in the race. Men's 3000m camera focused on Mo, even when he was in the middle (or the back) of the pack. I understand it was a coronation, and not a race. But it would have been nice if the camera acknowledged that there were other people on the track.