Facts, Not Fiction

Thread: Sean Burrell

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    I stand corrected. I wonder when they changed it.
    It goes back to at least 2006. Borne of Covington scored 28 and shared Most Outstanding with Harts of Barbe who scored 25.

2. Collapse Details

I think this deserves a bump after his 20.85

3. Collapse Details

There are several athletes from the USATF JO's that deserve mention. I was there but I just haven't had time to post about them since arriving home at 1:00 AM Monday morning. As for Burrell, he also won the 400 with a time of 46.03 and got second in the 110 hurdles with PR of 14.04. He's still raw in the 110 hurdles, so I don't know what his upside is in that event. He and his parents seemed to have learned from their earlier experiences when he was on the Tyrese Cooper race plan, and have been much more prudent and conservative with his race schedule this year. Two years ago, he did the 200, 400, 800 and 200H for a total of 12 races in 5 days, and he was gassed on Championship Sunday. This year he did 8 races in 5 days and coasted the homestretch in both his 200 semifinal and 400 heat, as evidenced by his times of 21.62 and 48.34.

4. Collapse Details

There are several athletes from the USATF JO's that deserve mention. I was there but I just haven't had time to post about them since arriving home at 1:00 AM Monday morning. As for Burrell, he also won the 400 with a time of 46.03 and got second in the 110 hurdles with PR of 14.04. He's still raw in the 110 hurdles, so I don't know what his upside is in that event. He and his parents seemed to have learned from their earlier experiences when he was on the Tyrese Cooper race plan, and have been much more prudent and conservative with his race schedule this year. Two years ago, he did the 200, 400, 800 and 200H for a total of 12 races in 5 days, and he was gassed on Championship Sunday. This year he did 8 races in 5 days and coasted the homestretch in both his 200 semifinal and 400 heat, as evidenced by his times of 21.62 and 48.34.

Two years ago he did a lot more than that , he WON the Pentathlon so add events he ran on last day the 1500m, 100mH, Long Jump and High Jump on the last day as well.

He is a stud.

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndFie...D=5754011#!/L0

5. Collapse Details

Is Sean part of the "Burrell" family? Will football rule?

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    Is Sean part of the "Burrell" family? Will football rule?
    Which one? Leroy/Michelle/Cameron? Not that I'm aware of.

7. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Stanley, but I'm not sure you can touch that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    Will football rule?
    No it won't. Shortly before school started he gave up football and is now a full-time track athlete. He hopes to get 100% healthy in time for track season for the first time since his freshman year. He's taking his final official visit this weekend when he travels to Eugene for the Oregon-Washington game. His other visits were to Texas A&M, Florida, LSU and Texas.

9. Collapse Details

No it won't. Shortly before school started he gave up football and is now a full-time track athlete. He hopes to get 100% healthy in time for track season for the first time since his freshman year. He's taking his final official visit this weekend when he travels to Eugene for the Oregon-Washington game. His other visits were to Texas A&M, Florida, LSU and Texas.
    He is a stud.

10. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    Stanley, but I'm not sure you can touch that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo
    M.C. Hammer was off the charts !!.. huge untapped athletic talent!