Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. Collapse Details
    2017 Outdoor--Random Questions
    #1
    Are ya'll looking forward as much as I am to T&F the rest of 2017?

    Will the hyperandrogenism guidelines remain suspended for the WC in August? (Call me small-minded, but I hope not. This needs to be resolved.)

    Is Bolt ducking WVN by skipping the 200 in his last championship meet? (I wouldn't really blame him.)

    What will happen if De Grasse and WVN meet in the final of the 200? Can WVN successfully double at the 400 and 200?

    Does Justin Gatlin have anything left in the tank? What about Allyson Felix? Guess we'll find out in Sacramento...

    What are Mo's plans for London?

    Feel free to answer--or add more questions...
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Does master Duplantis make any further improvements and does he end up in the top 5 at the end of the year?

    What happens in the women's pv?

    Is the mSP record at risk?

    There is a new cohort of sprinters that are about to take over the men's events.

    What of Mr. Centrowitz?
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    on task
    Posts
    12,079
    Quote Originally Posted by billychuck View Post
    Are ya'll looking forward as much as I am to T&F the rest of 2017?
    Will the hyperandrogenism guidelines remain suspended for the WC in August?
    In a Brave New World, I interpret that to mean that soon we'll be looking at an Anything Goes Sports World. If it's OK for a certain women to have 4 times the testosterone that other women may have, then why bother with drug levels at all? Everyone can juice to the gills and whoever lives to get to the starting line - go for it!
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Does Sir Mo finally go down?

    Who "takes over" in Ashton Eaton's absence---both in the USA & in the world?
    (Anyone in Canada to replace BTE?)

    Will Almaz Ayana dip under 14:00 & 29:00?

    Will Jenny break Shannon's 1500 AR?

    Will the HSR in the Women's MILE finally get broken?
    (If Kate Murphy is healthy, she can run 4:25!!)

    Will Brie Oakley break Mary Cain's 5000 HSR?
    (Will she also take a shot at Mary Shea's 10000 HSR of 32:52.5---from 1979??)

    Which Russians will compete in London---as "neutrals"??

    Which WR's will Genzebe decide to go after?
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    In a Brave New World, I interpret that to mean that soon we'll be looking at an Anything Goes Sports World. If it's OK for a certain women to have 4 times the testosterone that other women may have, then why bother with drug levels at all? Everyone can juice to the gills and whoever lives to get to the starting line - go for it!
    Yes, the 800 in Rio really got under my skin. I'm not going to point fingers at the athletes, but at the international organizations involved in regulating this.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post

    What of Mr. Centrowitz?
    Excellent question. I don't think the rest of the world is going to let him dictate the race/pace in the next championship. I want to see how he responds.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronk View Post
    Does Sir Mo finally go down?

    Who "takes over" in Ashton Eaton's absence---both in the USA & in the world?
    (Anyone in Canada to replace BTE?)

    Will Almaz Ayana dip under 14:00 & 29:00?

    Will Jenny break Shannon's 1500 AR?

    Will the HSR in the Women's MILE finally get broken?
    (If Kate Murphy is healthy, she can run 4:25!!)

    Will Brie Oakley break Mary Cain's 5000 HSR?
    (Will she also take a shot at Mary Shea's 10000 HSR of 32:52.5---from 1979??)

    Which Russians will compete in London---as "neutrals"??

    Which WR's will Genzebe decide to go after?
    Yes, more excellent questions!
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    23,475
    Gatlin medalled in the 100, was sick or had a minor injury for the 200 and looked OK in the 4x100, so I see no reason to think that he will not be back this year, but he certainly was off his supreme form of 2015 so we are probably finally seeing his decline. If so, this might be his last year at the top level and then he will likely retire if that is the case (but not until).

    Lindon Victor is giving indications of being a 8700 point decathlete halfway through the decathlon today, so he may challenge the new French star. ZZ (Zach Ziemek) is likely to continue to improve, although slowly, so he will likely be at the edge of Bronze, not at the top. He needs to continue to improve in the throws and his 110h/400 marks (while keeping his jumps at a high level).
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by billychuck View Post
    Yes, the 800 in Rio really got under my skin. I'm not going to point fingers at the athletes, but at the international organizations involved in regulating this.
    from my limited POV, the w800 at Rio should be expunged
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Ajee Wilson to win a WC medal. Has a splendid indoors season, hope she carries the form to outdoors.

    Ayana to run the half marathon. Won't happen but she has the potential to be very good at the longer distances.

    London marathon 2017. A++++ field.

    Women 1500m looks super stacked too.

    Will anyone dethrone Mo and Bolt this year?
    Reply With Quote
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •