Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 60
  1. Collapse Details
     
    #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Right next to a Gator filled pond
    Posts
    4,681
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Is this a new rule? Certainly he wouldn't have been the first recruitable athlete to appear in a televised meet on a college campus.
    I don't think the poster is correct. The reason the races (both heats of the mens OD 400m were not shown) was because the window for the broadcast expired or it was really coincidental that both issues would have come up at the same moment.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #12
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    60,945
    Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    That was me and I couldn't remember if he had turned pro, was still competing for his HS or not. He competed under his club team name at the Tyson meet.
    kids at the New Balance Nationals, far as I know, never compete under their HS name. Suspect that federation rules prohibit it.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Right next to a Gator filled pond
    Posts
    4,681
    Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    Two others ran faster than that in the same meet yesterday.
    and Fred Kerley ran 45.02 yesterday at Clemson.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    In a stuffy library writing a thesis.
    Posts
    106
    Cooper 21.12 200m. Screen was blocked out again.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #15
    Same reason the Longhorn Network doesn't show the high school portions of the Texas Relays.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    I don't think the poster is correct. The reason the races (both heats of the mens OD 400m were not shown) was because the window for the broadcast expired or it was really coincidental that both issues would have come up at the same moment.
    Followed up with folks today. This was intentionally done. Same reason Longhorn Network avoids HS races during TX Relays.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Posts
    11,910
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    kids at the New Balance Nationals, far as I know, never compete under their HS name. Suspect that federation rules prohibit it.
    When I was coaching we always did, as did/do most other Ohio schools. Probably depends on the state.
    There are no strings on me
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #18
    So why was Cooper's race broadcast last week but not this week? Why can TV broadcast the races of amateur high school athletes at some meets but not others?
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #19
    The Armory is not a collegiate institution, and thus is not covered by NCAA restrictions. They can show whatever they like. Arkansas, and the SEC Network, have no such leeway.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Right next to a Gator filled pond
    Posts
    4,681
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    So why was Cooper's race broadcast last week but not this week? Why can TV broadcast the races of amateur high school athletes at some meets but not others?
    It is strange. Cooper's race was definitely not shown today. Maybe it's because Tyson is a meet which is put on by a college entity?
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •