Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 60 of 60
  1. Collapse Details
     
    #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Right next to a Gator filled pond
    Posts
    4,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    12 = Sr = typically 18yo
    11 = Jr = typically 17yo
    10, 9, etc.
    Typically or not, the reference is to school year.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #52
    Thanks, what's the significance of the school year? Can't be age related or they would simply add the age or year of birth of athletes instead of the school year.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #53
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,036
    standard North American HS system is 12 years.

    knowing the year is of great significance to HS fans so they know how many years left before moving on to the collegiate ranks.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    on task
    Posts
    11,440
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    standard North American HS system is 12 years.
    knowing the year is of great significance to HS fans so they know how many years left before moving on to the collegiate ranks.
    Grade 12 (Senior) can be 17-19 years old, not 20.

    subtract 1 for each younger year

    11 (Junior)
    10 (Sophomore)
    9 (Freshman)
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #55
    Additional Bob Hayes results, Jacksonville, FL 3.18.17-
    100h Kiara Rhodes, Whitehaven 13.92
    300h DeAndreah Young Mia NW 42.62
    400 Ulani Toussaint, Mia NW 55.98
    800 Kayla Johnson Mia Southridge 2:09.31
    Miami Northwestern 46.19, 3:46.09, 9:26.97
    boys
    tj Briley Orange Park Oakleaf 49-1
    100 Darryl Gay Evans 10.61
    4x100 Jax Sandalwood 41.34 Mia NW 41.45, 3:12.54
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Yesterday at Bob Hayes



    g100 - Mason, Symone 12 Miami Southridge 11.24 0.9

    g200 - 1 Mason, Symone 12 Miami Southridge 23.00 1.6

    Someone is moving down in distance (for now) - with times dropping rapidly:

    https://www.iaaf.org/athletes/united...e-mason-285405
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #57
    Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    Someone is moving down in distance (for now) - with times dropping rapidly:

    https://www.iaaf.org/athletes/united...e-mason-285405
    Checked Tilastopaia today and Mason is leading the WORLD with the 11.24---according to them!
    (They're not entirely up-to-date, as a few weekend marks are not included yet!)

    Her 23.00 is tied for 3rd, again according to Tilastopaia earlier today!

    NO, I don't expect she'll remain there much longer!!
    LOL
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #58
    It is early and glancing at where she was for 2/4 in 2015 I'd hazard a guess that right now she's doing mainly speedwork. We may see something around 22.50 later.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post
    Additional Bob Hayes results, Jacksonville, FL 3.18.17-
    100h Kiara Rhodes, Whitehaven 13.92
    300h DeAndreah Young Mia NW 42.62
    400 Ulani Toussaint, Mia NW 55.98
    800 Kayla Johnson Mia Southridge 2:09.31
    Miami Northwestern 46.19, 3:46.09, 9:26.97
    boys
    tj Briley Orange Park Oakleaf 49-1
    100 Darryl Gay Evans 10.61
    4x100 Jax Sandalwood 41.34 Mia NW 41.45, 3:12.54
    How can we get the kids to stay on task if we can't even stay on topic?
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Louisiana/ New York
    Posts
    573
    Ms. Mason ran a 52.54 last week. Only two college girls a have gone faster.

    Speed work paid off LOL




    https://www.iaaf.org/athletes/united...e-mason-285405
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •