Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Tyrese Cooper [46.01様o-alt HSR]
    46.01 at Tyson. That's a low altitude best for HS if he's eligible for HS records. My apologies if I've fired the starter's pistol on the next HS eligibility riot.

ESPN3 showed the meet and it is on replay however, I must warn you, that their coverage ended right as the OD 400m was lining up for the men. So we didn't get to see it.
    Last edited by gh; 02-11-2017 at 04:24 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Unless something changed this week, yes, he's certainly eligible. Already set 300 HSR this winter. What a season he's having from 60 to 500!

3. Collapse Details

Was a solid run, but think there is more in the tank. He went out behind the leaders and closed well. ESPN feed cut out because UA couldn't broadcast a recruitable athlete on the video board. Heard it was planned once he was listed in the meet.

4. Collapse Details

Unless that is an oversized track, 46.01 would put him 5th in the world per IAAF.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhog View Post
    ESPN feed cut out because UA couldn't broadcast a recruitable athlete on the video board. Heard it was planned once he was listed in the meet.
    Is this a new rule? Certainly he wouldn't have been the first recruitable athlete to appear in a televised meet on a college campus.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Unless that is an oversized track, 46.01 would put him 5th in the world per IAAF.
    Two others ran faster than that in the same meet yesterday.

7. Collapse Details

Could someone explain why the eligibilty was brought up? Is the kid old for a sophmore or something? Or is it just because he is running so fast. I mean 46 flat indoors for a highschool sophmore?

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    Two others ran faster than that in the same meet yesterday.
    Ok. Still, top 10 in the world for a HS sophomore is pretty amazing.

9. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by americantrackfan View Post
    Could someone explain why the eligibilty was brought up? Is the kid old for a sophmore or something? Or is it just because he is running so fast. I mean 46 flat indoors for a highschool sophmore?
    He's 5 weeks from being 17, so he'll graduate at 19, which isn't remotey uncommon.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by americantrackfan View Post
    That was me and I couldn't remember if he had turned pro, was still competing for his HS or not. He competed under his club team name at the Tyson meet.