Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    More about those ATFS Annuals for sale.
    After much consideration and discussion, i have decided to split the collection up. Many thanks to those who showed an interest in purchasing parts of the collection. The first two editions going up for sale will be the 1951 first edition and the rare 1974 edition published by Bartels & Wernitz. These will go on sale on EBay in the antique & collectable books section at 23.00GMT Sunday 29thJanuary 2017. Anyone with a offer prior to this should email me a.s.a.p.
    Last edited by dadme; 01-26-2017 at 05:16 PM. Reason: wrong date entered

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dadme View Post
    The first two editions going up for sale will be the 1951 first edition and the rare 1974 edition published by Bartels & Wernitz. These will go on sale on EBay in the antique & collectable books section at 23.00GMT Sunday 29thJanuary 2017. Anyone with a offer prior to this should email me a.s.a.p.
    I just checked my Library and was
    a. shocked to see my copy of the 1974 edition was bought from . . . DON POTTS!
    b. ain't got the 1951 one and HATE eBay, so what's your 'fair price' for that?

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I just checked my Library and was
    a. shocked to see my copy of the 1974 edition was bought from . . . DON POTTS!
    b. ain't got the 1951 one and HATE eBay, so what's your 'fair price' for that?
    What a coincidence!!!

I also HATE eBay, is there any other options???

4. Collapse Details

Hi guys, with regard to
    a) 1951 annual this goes on sale at EBay at 19.30GMT tonite at a starting price of 250
    b) 1974 annual this goes on sale at EBay at 19.45GMT tonite at a starting price of 200
    If you have an offer before the bidding starts email a.s.a.p. at 'billdarby@blueyonder.co.uk.
    and if acceptable I will cancel the sales of both.

5. Collapse Details

1951 annual. . . starting price of 250
    Oh snap - no wonder I don't have it!

6. Collapse Details

Oh snap - no wonder I don't have it!
    Indeed!!!

And at 200 sterling, no wonder I don't have the

1974 edition!!!

7. Collapse Details

Read my posts guys( Atticus & Afterburner). First off i gave everyone a heads up about putting the collection up for sale, second i put the whole collection up for $1000 thats 1951 to 1999, then i asked for offers. That didnt nudge either of you. I was given info on sale prices of recent sales and even then reduced the starting prices on EBay and lastly i posted a final message, with my email address asking any interested parties to contact me with an offer and i would not put the editions on EBay. If you really think i have over valued these two editions, OK, but all along i have acted in good faith. It seems to me
    that selling the collection as a whole and taking a hit may be the best way forward.

8. Collapse Details

Read my posts guys( Atticus & Afterburner).

If you really think i have over valued these two editions, OK, but all along i have acted in good faith.
    You have my attention. I would love to buy the 1951 edition. I have no idea it's worth; I am just an avid collector. My intent is not to just turn around and resell it. If you do not sell it on eBay, I'd like another chance, but to be honest, I can't see going over $100 - but again, I have no idea of its worth, so I don't mean to be insulting you!

9. Collapse Details

You have my attention. I would love to buy the 1951 edition. I have no idea it's worth; I am just an avid collector. My intent is not to just turn around and resell it. If you do not sell it on eBay, I'd like another chance, but to be honest, I can't see going over $100 - but again, I have no idea of its worth, so I don't mean to be insulting you!
    Same with me!!!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by AFTERBURNER View Post
    Same with me!!!
    Bidding war - right here!
    $99.99 !