Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Polish news 2017
    The first significant results of the new year were achieved by PVers in Merzig yesterday:
    2 Paweł Wojciechowski 5.58
    3 Piotr Lisek 5.43

And in other news, Maria Andrejczyk recently underwent a shoulder surgery, but she should be ready to get back into training soon.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

2. Collapse Details

Konrad Bukowiecki competed twice today in Potchefstroom, where he's been training for the past week.

He ended the first competition with a relatively modest 20.31 (series 20.27 - X - X - 20.00 - X - 20.31), missing the national U23 record by a centimeter. The second one was much better at 21.17 PR WL NU23R (series 20.50 - X - 20.24 - X - 21.17 - X). Looks like he is ready for big throws this winter - it's still very early, and I would expect him to be in much better shape by the time the EIC come around.

Bukowiecki will continue the training camp in South Africa and he is planning another competition there in a week's time.
    Last edited by Powell; 01-17-2017 at 06:33 PM.

3. Collapse Details

Huge mark... I was expecting something similar given his big 22.9m with 6kg and no throwing sessions with that implements. If he doesn't end like in Rio, I think he can win EIC in Belgrade. I don't think Storl will be able to match a 21.50+ throw.

4. Collapse Details

Btw, does anyone know what the longest put ever by a European 19-year old is? I know the global best is Randy Barnes's 21.88.

5. Collapse Details

Apart fom Bukowiecki, the only 19-year-olds to have broken 21 are Barnes, Ron Semkiw (21.35) and Mike Stulce (21.02) outdoors and Albritton indoors. Udo Beyer (20.97) is second behind Bukowiecki on the European list, I think.

6. Collapse Details

Barnes's mark may be out of reach, considering Bukowiecki will turn 20 right after the indoor season, but he should be able to move to no. 2 all time.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Barnes's mark may be out of reach, considering Bukowiecki will turn 20 right after the indoor season, but he should be able to move to no. 2 all time.
    Yep, I don't see him in that range yer. But he could be close. Definetely 21.50+ this year.

8. Collapse Details

Perhaps this indoor season we'll see an exciting young talent from Poland become just the 3rd European - and 8th woman globally - to run under 7 seconds for 60 meters.

9. Collapse Details

Swoboda herself said she would hope to break her PB this winter, but she doesn't think it's going to be easy. TBH, that 7.07 was a bit of an outlier - she was more of a 7.15 range runner otherwise last year.

She's starting her season this coming weekend at a domestic meet in Brzeszcze, but I don't know how seriously she's going to take this race. Last year she only ran 7.42 there.

10. Collapse Details

I don't think she is capable of running sub seven seconds. Neither Schippers nor Thompson have done it. But I expect the latter to join the sub seven club this winter.