Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke View Post
    That's true, Obergfoll is four years older (so a whole olympic cycle) but Stahl has a degree in Urology and a medical career in front of her. I also think she could have gone on another 4 years but that's all.
    One person who might be glad about Obergfoll and Stahl's retirement is Katarina Molitor. No more problems making the German team for majors Apart from her, Hussong and the two retirees, the next best German thrower this year threw just 57.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    One person who might be glad about Obergfoll and Stahl's retirement is Katarina Molitor. No more problems making the German team for majors Apart from her, Hussong and the two retirees, the next best German thrower this year threw just 57.
    I suppose this is true, even if the german team will be quite weakened by these two retirements. Hussong is the youngest of them so maybe she can develop into a new Obergfoll.

3. Collapse Details

Added Raul Spank to the list. Former good high jumper, then switched to triple jump with modest results.

4. Collapse Details

It's sad to see Barrett retire. She has great talent, and I loved her vibe and fire. So so young to end her career.

As for Stahl, she was like Molitor, good at last rounds throws. I wonder if one on the GER 57m throwers will now step it up for next season.

5. Collapse Details

Bernard Lagat retired today after ISTAF. He said this was his last TRACK race so probably off to the roads right now.

6. Collapse Details

Bernard Lagat retired today after ISTAF. He said this was his last TRACK race so probably off to the roads right now.
    Sad about Lagat as he has been such a joy to watch over the years. One of the greatest middle distance athletes of all time and a great gentleman as well. It is just amazing that he has carried this on and at such a high level for so long.

7. Collapse Details

Add hammer thrower Betty Heidler.

8. Collapse Details

I hope he comes back to track in 2020 and breaks all the M45 records...

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by odelltrclan View Post
    Sad about Lagat as he has been such a joy to watch over the years. One of the greatest middle distance athletes of all time and a great gentleman as well. It is just amazing that he has carried this on and at such a high level for so long.
    Well said!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    Add hammer thrower Betty Heidler.
    I've always had the feeling of something unfinished with her. Great physique, great PR (79.40m second woman in history) but very inconsistent (going from 78 to 68 a meet after another) and, I think, a bit weak from the psychological point of view.