Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

I just read Powell's post on this meet that he isn't done yet.

2. Collapse Details

Fabiana Murer retired last week.

3. Collapse Details

I know Brigetta Barrett has been noted as retired on this board a few times, but I have yet to see any link or source confirming it.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Brown View Post
    Fabiana Murer retired last week.
    She ended her career badly. NH in front of her home crowd. I thought she would change her mind and go on another year.

5. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke View Post
    She ended her career badly. NH in front of her home crowd. I thought she would change her mind and go on another year.
    She was injured. Tried to come back and it didn't work out. I think she is ready to be done. She's 35 and probably has other things she wants to do with her life. Vaulting in pain isn't fun.

6. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    I know Brigetta Barrett has been noted as retired on this board a few times, but I have yet to see any link or source confirming it.
    she was cited as such way back in the August edition of the magazine, but I don't know the sourcing (think it was somebody in her coaching chain)

7. Collapse Details

Does Wiki count?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigetta_Barrett

>> Coming back on the track in February 2016 where she only managed to clear 1.84 m, she decided to retire at the age of 25 and to concentrate herself on her own business.<<

8. Collapse Details

Aussie LJer Mitchell Watt announced his retirement this week via Facebook. He walks away with two major silvers (2012 OG and 2011 WC), two bronzes (2010 WIC, 2009 WC) and the Oceania record: 8.54m

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by AS View Post
    Aussie LJer Mitchell Watt announced his retirement this week via Facebook. He walks away with two major silvers (2012 OG and 2011 WC), two bronzes (2010 WIC, 2009 WC) and the Oceania record: 8.54m
    Great talent but never managed to get rid of a series of injuries. He tried to come back many times, jumped indoor this year, but with bad results. Similar to Italy's Andrew Howe (7.50m this year) or Sebastian Bayer.

10. Collapse Details

I added Jennifer Meadows to the list, even if she has pacemaker duties today in Zurich. She said she was going to hang up her spikes so I suppose she is just postposing it to the end of the season.
    Last edited by Sasuke; 09-01-2016 at 12:26 PM.