Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 125
  1. Collapse Details
    Olympics prediction contest
    #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,770
    Are the usual sites going to have a contest? Atletiek seems to be gone. Is TFN going to have one? IAAF?
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    16,062
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyp View Post
    Are the usual sites going to have a contest? Atletiek seems to be gone. Is TFN going to have one? IAAF?
    I don't think it's gone. They moved to a new URL a couple of years ago. There's no info on the 2016 edition, but it may be too early.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Mired in Tar
    Posts
    2,113
    I can't write for any others, but there will be one here, similar to the one we had for the Trials:

    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    First time post, but I thought it would be relevant to the thread. A friend of mine, Christian Birk, who founded and sold Endomondo to Under Armor, is launching a new fantasy track & fieled app called Roster. It's not yet available through the App Store, but they are currently looking for testers for the beta version, and the test will cover the Olympics. Testing is open to anyone with an iPhone. Here is a link to a Facebook post:
    https://www.facebook.com/rosterathletics/
    Hope this doesn't violate any board rules.
    Thanks!
    Piotrek
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    on task
    Posts
    12,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidokun View Post
    I can't write for any others, but there will be one here, similar to the one we had for the Trials
    Excellent. Everyone can submit their rosters thru the Dutch site, which will make everyone's roster visible once the events start, so we don't even need to post them here. Just tell David you're in and then enter the Dutch contest. The scoring rules are completely different (accuracy of place is rewarded in the Dutch one) and we can see how we did in both.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta by way of Kingston Jamaica
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by pbpdx View Post
    First time post, but I thought it would be relevant to the thread. A friend of mine, Christian Birk, who founded and sold Endomondo to Under Armor, is launching a new fantasy track & fieled app called Roster. It's not yet available through the App Store, but they are currently looking for testers for the beta version, and the test will cover the Olympics. Testing is open to anyone with an iPhone. Here is a link to a Facebook post:
    https://www.facebook.com/rosterathletics/
    Hope this doesn't violate any board rules.
    Thanks!
    Piotrek
    Pity he doesn't have one for Android I would have gladly tested
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    I think Android is not too far behind.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,839
    Quote Originally Posted by pbpdx View Post
    First time post, but I thought it would be relevant to the thread. A friend of mine, Christian Birk, who founded and sold Endomondo to Under Armor, is launching a new fantasy track & fieled app called Roster. It's not yet available through the App Store, but they are currently looking for testers for the beta version, and the test will cover the Olympics. Testing is open to anyone with an iPhone. Here is a link to a Facebook post:
    https://www.facebook.com/rosterathletics/
    Hope this doesn't violate any board rules.
    Thanks!
    Piotrek
    If it's a free app, no rules are violated; if it's a for-profit venture.....
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    on task
    Posts
    12,080
    The Dutch contest is up and running.

    http://www.atstat.org/contest/
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    beyond help
    Posts
    12,761
    A question for gh.

    When do you anticipate to have the formcharts? Some of us need cheat sheets for those contests (especially for the Marathon and walks ).
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •