Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. Collapse Details
    Let's take gender completely out of T&F
    #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Astoria Queens New York
    Posts
    2,630
    Take gender completely out of the sport

    IAAF should redefine their competition group split as Open High Testosterone and Restricted Low Testosterone with each having an upper limit that mirrors their current testosterone thresholds
    Tom Hyland:
    "squack and wineturtle get it"
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Fishers, IN
    Posts
    7,509
    Tongue firmly in my cheek, I suggested here about a month ago that ALL women's sports be eliminated, and then ALL sports be totally gender free.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    on task
    Posts
    11,365
    I will guess (with no basis whatsoever), that, just as Semenya has hi-T, there are men with lo-T that could qualify for the Restricted class, that could beat almost all women.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Everybody knows this is nowhere
    Posts
    6,253
    Quote Originally Posted by wineturtle View Post
    Take gender completely out of the sport

    IAAF should redefine their competition group split as Open High Testosterone and Restricted Low Testosterone with each having an upper limit that mirrors their current testosterone thresholds
    I said this about two months ago: An Open and Restricted/closed divisions.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Everybody knows this is nowhere
    Posts
    6,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I will guess (with no basis whatsoever), that, just as Semenya has hi-T, there are men with lo-T that could qualify for the Restricted class, that could beat almost all women.
    Possibly. Or Low Testosterone might match what Semenya has right now.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I will guess (with no basis whatsoever), that, just as Semenya has hi-T, there are men with lo-T that could qualify for the Restricted class, that could beat almost all women.
    So Ryan Hall will make a comeback in the low-T division?
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, CO
    Posts
    7,533
    Maybe some formula.... y=(800m time)(free testosterone level^n) and the dude or dudette with the lowest "y" is the winner (where n is a weighting factor that 26mi235 comes up with.)
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Astoria Queens New York
    Posts
    2,630
    Quote Originally Posted by booond View Post
    Possibly. Or Low Testosterone might match what Semenya has right now.
    or set a new upper threshold for the LowT group. One that is not in the normal HighT group range
    Tom Hyland:
    "squack and wineturtle get it"
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    on task
    Posts
    11,365
    Quote Originally Posted by wineturtle View Post
    or set a new upper threshold for the LowT group. One that is not in the normal HighT group range
    That's what the problem is NOW. Semenya is well below a normal male, but well above a normal female!
    I think the number was - she has 4 times the amount a normal female has, but a normal male has 10 times as much.
    If you want to design a standard to get CS out, you'd have to go with TWICE the normal female level, but I'll bet big bucks that many elite women have that amount.
    Last edited by Atticus; 07-20-2016 at 05:55 PM.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Why stop there? While we are reclassifying, let's just have Roger Ailes (a man I hadn't heard of until recently) decide who gets to be in the women's division.
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •