Facts, Not Fiction

1. Collapse Details
    Nicholas Nickleby
    I just got back from the second 4.5+ hours of Nicholas Nickleby (excluding intermissions, so total of nine+ hours over two nights). The Life and Adventures of NN is by Charles Dickens and was adapted for the theater by David Edgar and The Royal Shakespeare Company. TRSC put in on in 1980 and had a run including some in the US.

After that run, it has, apparently only been put on twice in full -- both times by the Young Shakespeare Players in Madison, WI. YSP is usually just composed of 7-18 year-olds putting on full, uncut Shakespeare (and recently some Dickens) but for NN they have brought in adults as well. [It has 130 named characters and 97 separate scenes, so it is a monster to put on.]

Has anyone seen a version of this, including, of course, the 1980 TRSC performance? I has been put on in cut-down versions recently by professional companies (California Shakespeare and Chicester Festival).
    Last edited by 26mi235; 07-31-2016 at 03:30 AM. Reason: for obvious reasons...; posting at after having spent 5 hours in the theater & 1+ reading the board w/ a large glass of wine

2. Collapse Details

Darwin certainly branched out from what I remember him authoring...

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    Darwin certainly branched out from what I remember him authoring...
    Darwin, Dickens, some famous 1800s guy!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Darwin, Dickens, some famous 1800s guy!
    Named Charles!