Facts, Not Fiction

1. Collapse Details
    Internet site about athletics world records
    Hello athletics fans.

I have a big collection of unique statistics (see my site thegreatdistancerunners.de) and an even bigger athletics video collection. I have the idea of starting a new internet project specifically about athletics WORLD RECORDS (all events, indoors or outdoors, men and women, 1912 - 2016). It should include very detailed career records for many of the record breakers, statistical informations about the records as well as pictures and videos from many records. And if I say many, I mean MANY.

Is there some interest for something like this? Would be great to get some feedback before I really put in a lot of effort.

2. Collapse Details

You might check some of your ideas out by looking at trackfield.brinkster.net to see if this helps you decide on what to do.

3. Collapse Details

Would you charge a fee for this?
    How much?

I have a blog concerning records & top 24 performers marks---all kinds of records, INdoors & OUTdoors!
    Mine is free!

But I definitely would be interested!!

4. Collapse Details

I think that would be a very interesting project. At one point I was planning to scan the Hymans/Matrahazi WR progression book for errors, but I'm too lazy so I never got around to doing it methodically. This sounds like a project that would obsolete most of the work I never put in

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dukehjsteve View Post
    You might check some of your ideas out by looking at trackfield.brinkster.net to see if this helps you decide on what to do.
    Thanks for this address. I know they have great statistics, but I don't think there will be a lot of overlapping with the stuff I would like to present

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by aaronk View Post
    Would you charge a fee for this?
    How much?

I have a blog concerning records & top 24 performers marks---all kinds of records, INdoors & OUTdoors!
    Mine is free!

But I definitely would be interested!!
    Very interesting blog, which was new for me!

I thought about something like 5 $/month, but I really don't know at the moment. I also have no idea if there would be a lot of interest.

My thegreatdistancerunners.de site is for free and I havn't got a single Euro out of it, but I almost never update this site which was primarily intended to get some contacts to help me to improve my statistics.
    But the new project could be much bigger and should include also a lot of video material.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LopenUupunut View Post
    I think that would be a very interesting project. At one point I was planning to scan the Hymans/Matrahazi WR progression book for errors, but I'm too lazy so I never got around to doing it methodically. This sounds like a project that would obsolete most of the work I never put in
    Wouldn't it be great to have video material to many (really MANY!) of those records?

8. Collapse Details

Administrator
    I moved this thread from Historical because it'll see a lot more traffic here