Facts, Not Fiction

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

I wonder if this case will play out like Sharapova and her positive for melodium. WADA appears to have walked it back a bit when they announced that positive tests for the substance before March 1 could avoid bans because of the timing of when melodium was added to the list and the potential for the drug to still be in the athlete's system relative to when the ban was announced.. Key differences between the two cases of course but it shows that WADA is not infallible and in this case may have stepped in it a bit causing serious consequences for an athlete.
    Last edited by Trackrunner; 06-04-2016 at 01:51 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Yada yada yada. Much ado about nothing. Low level common stimulant found in cold medicines and so many other nutritional supplements. Sanction usually a warning or 3-6 months.

Time to move on.

3. Collapse Details

Has there been any news on if/when the IOC is going to make a decision on the 4x100 relay medals for '08 team that Nesta Carter was on? I'm suspicious that they'll purposely delay the decision until after the Games so that they can continue to play up Bolt's chance at a "triple-triple".

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    Has there been any news on if/when the IOC is going to make a decision on the 4x100 relay medals for '08 team that Nesta Carter was on? I'm suspicious that they'll purposely delay the decision until after the Games so that they can continue to play up Bolt's chance at a "triple-triple".
    Yawn. Stirring up ish I see.

5. Collapse Details

You may well be right but if I were the IOC and/or IAAF I would probably go along with delaying a decision till after the Games as well; for that very reason - maximising the commercial benefits given that it seems no individual is disadvantaged by a post Rio decision.

6. Collapse Details

There hasn't even been any decision about the athlete as yet.How you reach so far?

7. Collapse Details

The IOC has now made its decision. The Jamaica 4x1 team has been stripped of its '08 Olympic gold medals. Story link now on front page. Full text of decision is here:

https://stillmed.olympic.org/media/D...564.1466606875

8. Collapse Details

Realised Carter is part of so many relay squads for Jamaica. Did the relevant authorities test his samples for other years? I don't believe he only takes drugs during that year.

In any case, I am a firm believer that once you test positive, you should be stripped off all medals(and your time) until your ban is served.

9. Collapse Details

And not just Carter; finally confirmation that Lebedeva was doped. We now have a situation where the WTJ silver and bronze are vacant
    And if proven cheat Maggi had been found, Reece may have had a third Olympic medal!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    Carter found with methylhexanamine, which according to Wiki, "has been sold extensively under many names as a stimulant or energy-boosting dietary supplement under the claim that it is similar to certain compounds found in geraniums"

Guess I'll have to stop sniffing gerania!

I realize the PEDs issue is a real problem in sports, but this sounds like one of Pego's stimulants that may or may NOT have actually given a competitive advantage. Is it even as effective as caffeine?