Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    Question, because I dont know the specific details: SAFP, VCB, Powell and SS all have previous "offenses" and served bans. If they were determined to the the athletes here, that is a second offense and permanent ban?

Apologies if my question falls outside the board guidelines.
    Not to be picky, but VCB does not have a previous offense or a doping ban. On appeal CAS cleared her because of blatant mistakes in the collection procedure which allowed for possible, and even likely, contamination.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...red-doping-cas

2. Collapse Details

Administrator
    The still-bad news for Bolt will be if it's another guy on the 4x1 team and he loses that medal, thus blowing up his fabulous record of triple golds.

3. Collapse Details

From the Gleaner....Nesta Carter...

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...D7r10.facebook

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    The still-bad news for Bolt will be if it's another guy on the 4x1 team and he loses that medal, thus blowing up his fabulous record of triple golds.
    Well if it turns out to be Nesta Carter as the Jamaican paper is now reporting, Bolt's legacy will go from a potentential 3x3x3 to 2x2x3? in terms of olympic golds. Oh well, he is still the GOAT where sprinting is concerned. My opinion.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mgb View Post
    Well if it turns out to be Nesta Carter as the Jamaican paper is now reporting, Bolt's legacy will go from a potentential 3x3x3 to 2x2x3? in terms of olympic golds. Oh well, he is still the GOAT where sprinting is concerned. My opinion.
    His legacy can only be tarnished by his deeds not the misdeeds of others.

6. Collapse Details

That 2012 4x100 is looking like a true overhaul - TTO, France, and Japan.

7. Collapse Details

On facebook track groups...many of the jamaican fans are going crazy...talking about this is a plot to go after bolt, the test aren't fair, they can't penalize him for something that was added on the list in 2010....etc etc...yada yada....i wonder how does this affect times and medals in 2008 and 2012

8. Collapse Details

The six fastest 4X100s that were not subsequently disqualified of all time have been run by Jamaica since 2008. Of these, Carter was on at least five of them. If he is indeed the culprit and his performances from 2008 onward are stricken, the world record will have a significant revision. Does anyone know if he was on the 2009 4x1 team in Berlin? If so, the record reverts back to the U.S. based on the SF time they ran in London '12.

Carter did not indeed run on the 2009 team thus Jamaica will retain the title regardless of the outcome.
    Last edited by highjumpfan; 06-03-2016 at 03:04 PM. Reason: further research

9. Collapse Details

Carter was not on the Berlin team. Steve Mullings was but that was before his second set of misdeeds became public.
    Last edited by booond; 06-03-2016 at 03:05 PM.

10. Collapse Details

I wouldn't be surprised if the IAAF allow their beloved Bolt to keep his relay medals.