Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 112

Hybrid View

  1. Collapse Details
    Jamaican medalist in '08 positives?
    #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Astoria Queens New York
    Posts
    2,630
    http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...nned-substance



    I'm pretty sure the Gleaner would not go without some verification that the NGB has in fact been given notice of an A positive from 2008.A good number of possibles have a mark with-in the current OG Q window.
    Tom Hyland:
    "squack and wineturtle get it"
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,595
    A more complete story now posted to front page. Apparently the offending drug is Jamaica's old buddy methylhex....
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kingston, Jamaica
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    A more complete story now posted to front page. Apparently the offending drug is Jamaica's old buddy methylhex....
    The old buddy that wasn't actually on the WADA list at the time...

    -sigh- I hate things like this. Clear cut or hard stuff I have no problems with...the whole methylhexaneamine thing was messy before it was actually placed on the WADA list.

    If this is who I've been told, a medal _may_ be lost. If it's that person, no other games/championships would be affected. Will wait to see just like everyone else.
    Last edited by toyracer; 06-02-2016 at 05:12 PM.
    Regards,
    toyracer
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Question, because I dont know the specific details: SAFP, VCB, Powell and SS all have previous "offenses" and served bans. If they were determined to the the athletes here, that is a second offense and permanent ban?

    Apologies if my question falls outside the board guidelines.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    Question, because I dont know the specific details: SAFP, VCB, Powell and SS all have previous "offenses" and served bans. If they were determined to the the athletes here, that is a second offense and permanent ban?

    Apologies if my question falls outside the board guidelines.
    Not to be picky, but VCB does not have a previous offense or a doping ban. On appeal CAS cleared her because of blatant mistakes in the collection procedure which allowed for possible, and even likely, contamination.

    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...red-doping-cas
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,595
    perfectly reasonable question: there is no simple answer. Not only because lengths of penalties vary with the substances involved, but also because of the "providing help" rule which can cause sentences to be shortened.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Posts
    11,958
    I see no reason why a delayed positive would be any different from an "immediate" one in terms of penalty imposed.
    There are no strings on me
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,595
    Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    I see no reason why a delayed positive would be any different from an "immediate" one in terms of penalty imposed.
    I certainly never meant to imply that.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    I wonder if it was a silver or bronze medalist. The article states the athlete was informed last month and the gold medalists competed last month in some meets. I would expect them not to compete at all if they had been notified about positive sample.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kingston, Jamaica
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitoAZX View Post
    I wonder if it was a silver or bronze medalist. The article states the athlete was informed last month and the gold medalists competed last month in some meets. I would expect them not to compete at all if they had been notified about positive sample.
    Why wouldn't they compete in 2016 after being told about a positive from 2008?
    Regards,
    toyracer
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •