Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Jamaican medalist in '08 positives?
    http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...nned-substance

I'm pretty sure the Gleaner would not go without some verification that the NGB has in fact been given notice of an A positive from 2008.A good number of possibles have a mark with-in the current OG Q window.
    Tom Hyland:
    "squack and wineturtle get it"

2. Collapse Details

Administrator
    A more complete story now posted to front page. Apparently the offending drug is Jamaica's old buddy methylhex....

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    A more complete story now posted to front page. Apparently the offending drug is Jamaica's old buddy methylhex....
    The old buddy that wasn't actually on the WADA list at the time...

-sigh- I hate things like this. Clear cut or hard stuff I have no problems with...the whole methylhexaneamine thing was messy before it was actually placed on the WADA list.

If this is who I've been told, a medal _may_ be lost. If it's that person, no other games/championships would be affected. Will wait to see just like everyone else.
    Last edited by toyracer; 06-02-2016 at 05:12 PM.
    Regards,
    toyracer

4. Collapse Details

Question, because I dont know the specific details: SAFP, VCB, Powell and SS all have previous "offenses" and served bans. If they were determined to the the athletes here, that is a second offense and permanent ban?

Apologies if my question falls outside the board guidelines.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    Question, because I dont know the specific details: SAFP, VCB, Powell and SS all have previous "offenses" and served bans. If they were determined to the the athletes here, that is a second offense and permanent ban?

Apologies if my question falls outside the board guidelines.
    Not to be picky, but VCB does not have a previous offense or a doping ban. On appeal CAS cleared her because of blatant mistakes in the collection procedure which allowed for possible, and even likely, contamination.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...red-doping-cas

6. Collapse Details

Administrator
    perfectly reasonable question: there is no simple answer. Not only because lengths of penalties vary with the substances involved, but also because of the "providing help" rule which can cause sentences to be shortened.

7. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    I see no reason why a delayed positive would be any different from an "immediate" one in terms of penalty imposed.
    There are no strings on me

8. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    I see no reason why a delayed positive would be any different from an "immediate" one in terms of penalty imposed.
    I certainly never meant to imply that.

9. Collapse Details

I wonder if it was a silver or bronze medalist. The article states the athlete was informed last month and the gold medalists competed last month in some meets. I would expect them not to compete at all if they had been notified about positive sample.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ChitoAZX View Post
    I wonder if it was a silver or bronze medalist. The article states the athlete was informed last month and the gold medalists competed last month in some meets. I would expect them not to compete at all if they had been notified about positive sample.
    Why wouldn't they compete in 2016 after being told about a positive from 2008?
    Regards,
    toyracer