Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details

Administrator
    I'll be covering this story once this decathlon I'm hosting next weekend is over

2. Collapse Details

and now this: http://www.usatf.org/News/USATF-Staf...uncements.aspx

Robin is now the Director of Outreach & Grass Roots Programs. I guess that AAU investigation for felony theft means nothing to USATF.

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Oooh a director, she might be making 6 figures!

4. Collapse Details

We'll find out when/if they ever post the 990s.

5. Collapse Details

It's getting complicated, as lawsuits (or at least the few to which I've paid attention) tend to do. I'm up to 26 court documents, which I'm forwarding to 3 requesters individually, but I myself haven't read more than the tiniest fraction of the stuff, mostly sticking to just trying to understand what a document is about so that I can decide whether to save it and, if so, decide how to pigeonhole it.

Issues relating to the Georgia USATF are now embroiled in the matter. The USATF ordered the Georgia branch to hold a special election, I think maybe on August 20, to replace one of the USATF v. Leach defendants from Georgia, whom the USATF had basically kicked off the Youth Executive Committee and kicked out of the USATF. That was then contested by the defendants in the federal lawsuit in Indianapolis, who tried to get the court to stop the Georgia election. It may have already happened, but there seems to be the possibility that, even if so, the court could reverse the election and/or reverse the actions of the USATF kicking the defendants off the YEC and out of USATF.

I have no idea where this will end up, but the USATF seems to be in a big hurry to do what it wants to before the court determines if this or that or the other is okay and legit.

6. Collapse Details

I re-visited the lawsuit today for the first time in about a month. The parties not too long ago filed a joint stipulation of facts, which isn't unusual but at least evidences some discussion and cooperation. Then today they convened with one of the judges, at 1 p.m. Eastern time in Indianapolis, in a settlement conference. So we'll see if anything comes of that.

7. Collapse Details

If there in such a conference, this does not bode well for USATF's side of the exchange from a procedural/governance perspective and possibly a counter lawsuit one as well for damages. I've been in one of those and it usually means the judge thinks the party to the origination of the suit is out of line and they're offering this as a way for them to save face rather than get slammed in the court room where the decision will then be a public record.

8. Collapse Details

Document 60, the most recent filing, signed by Debra McVicker Lynch, the magistrate judge to whom the case was referred:

"The parties, in person and/or by their authorized representatives and by counsel, appeared for a settlement conference on September 28, 2016, with the magistrate judge. The magistrate judge made a settlement proposal to the parties to which they will respond by close of business September 29, 2016."

Nothing further has been filed and posted, as of the close of the weekend. I'm not finding anything with a Google, either.

9. Collapse Details

Some important updates here.
    1. Under oath, USATF admitted there was NO CONTRACT with Athletic-dot-Net.
    2. USATF refuses to pay damages for those they suspended and sued.
    3. D&O insurance does not cover those sued by USATF.
    4. No hearing was held affording due process before these actions were taken.