Facts, Not Fiction

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

That was a surprising decision despite all of the evidence. I can't say I'll miss them....

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cubehead View Post
    That was a surprising decision despite all of the evidence. I can't say I'll miss them....
    True dat. While this hurts those who are clean, this has been a long time coming. It didn't happen overnight, and there were numerous opportunities through the years for the state sponsorship of doping to come clean, at a much lower price to pay.

But they didn't, and now the entire Russian team has to pay the price. Again, it is sad for those who are clean, and many of them didn't have a say in the matter. But when a program of state sponsored cheating and obfuscation goes on as long as it has in Russia, this is what eventually happens.

The clean athletes shouldn't be upset with the IAAF, they should be upset at their national body that brought this upon them.

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    IAAF report on the meeting now posted to front page (as is the news that Isi is headed to court over it)

4. Collapse Details

And yes, other countries have their issues also. But one has to begin somewhere, and Russia has that dubious honor.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bobguild76 View Post
    And yes, other countries have their issues also. But one has to begin somewhere, and Russia has that dubious honor.
    The nail in the coffin was the most recent report about the 800 missing or evading tests via any method they could. in addictions treatment it is often said that u have to hit rock bottom to want to change. Even though it isn't clear that the Russians consider this Rick bottom but it is fairly close.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke View Post
    As I said before, unfair because this treatment is only for Russia. It's pretty clear (to me, maybe I am the only one who think this way) that Russia, which is surely guilty of doping, is observed much more than other countries. As Russia is a world-wide powerhouse and its an "enemy" to Europe and US they are focusing on it way more than on other countries which are full of dopers as well.
    That doesn't make it unfair it makes it vaguely inconsistent. There is nothing unfair about a country with a government sponsored doping programme being banned from international competition.

Should it happen to others - Yes

But it doesn't mean that until everyone can be investigated no one should be.

7. Collapse Details

Who the Hell are we kidding?

This Government invested athletic dope fiend Nation has finally gotten its comeuppance after more than half a century of state sponsored goddamn liar cheating.

Think of the thousands of clean performers these bastards stole from. I'll save my righteous outrage for terminally ill children, sick starving poor and lonely old people, abuse animals, etc. A nation that clearly condones cheating to compete?

fuck em.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriella2 View Post
    I agree with this ^^ and thank fcuk they have been banned.

Oh, I have no idea why some are pin pointing Isi as someone who should be allowed to compete. What clap-trap. A SYSTEMATIC doping programme was uncovered, ergo all elite athletes in that system were/are doped. End of. So glad that woman has had her comeuppance, after some of her awful and ridiculous statements.
    Gabriella where are you from? Want to go to the movies?

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tuariki View Post
    Sasuke does have a point. Turkey, Belarus, Kenya, India and a number of other countries have major drug testing problems.
    Having inadequate testing is not remotely in the same league as having government agents swapping out dirty urine samples and threatening testing officials.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    Who the Hell are we kidding?

This Government invested athletic dope fiend Nation has finally gotten its comeuppance after more than half a century of state sponsored goddamn liar cheating.

Think of the thousands of clean performers these bastards stole from. I'll save my righteous outrage for terminally ill children, sick starving poor and lonely old people, abuse animals, etc. A nation that clearly condones cheating to compete?

fuck em.
    God bless America!