Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    31 Positives include 12 Russian T&F Athletes [IAAF upholds Oly ban]
    Multiple 'other shoes' keep dropping; see two (or more soon?) stories on the Home Page. Headline is slightly wrong, 14 are Russian and 'most' T&F.

Coach Yevgeny Zagorulko tells Russian state news agency Tass that Chicherova [his athlete] is one of 31 athletes notified that their samples came back positive in retests.

Zagorulko says "three days ago, Anna received a notice that her doping sample from the Beijing Olympics tested positive after a re-check."
    He says "so far this is at the development stage and this has not yet been finally confirmed."
    Of the 31 cases from 12 countries it looks like 14 are Russian and the 'majority' are T&F.
    Last edited by gh; 06-17-2016 at 04:39 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Imagine this cheater Nation in Rio.

3. Collapse Details

Ban them damn it!!!!!

Ioc, iaaf has no balls!!!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by AFTERBURNER View Post
    Ban them damn it!!!!!

In light of these horrible allegations against Russia, Kenya, and Ethiopia, Little Lordy "Declaration of war on my sport" Coe announced rampant changes to the sport's drug policies. "We are taking aggressive action on all the nations who flaunt our drug rules and endanger the sport I love. Today, we will ban Justin Gatlin."

5. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Russian source naming the athletes: http://tass.ru/sport/3309651

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by AFTERBURNER View Post
    Ban them damn it!!!!!
    Blogger linked on front page argues for Russia's INclusion in Rio, saying,

"Never — repeat, never — has the IOC banned a nation for doping violations."

He completely missed the point that THAT is the problem! No matter how egregious the violation, everyone still gets to play. It's not even 'making an example of them' that is the point. They ran a state-sponsored program and now they will have to pay a price. If you let them in, everyone else knows that even when they (nations) EFF up big time, they will immediately be eligible to compete again.

edit - I see some of the names revealed besides Chicherova:

Maria Abakumov (who won silver in the javelin throw), Anastasia Kapachinskaya (who took silver as part of the 4400 meter relay) and Denis Nizhegorodov (who took bronze in the 50km race walk).
    Last edited by Atticus; 05-24-2016 at 03:54 PM.

7. Collapse Details

If Russia not banned from Rio than Coe is truly the pimp I think he is and should be kicked out on his pompous royal ass

8. Collapse Details

Administrator
    James Ellingworth (an AP reporter) is reporting via Twitter that Russia is going to leave any athletes who have served a doping ban off their Olympic team, in hopes of getting the IAAF to lift their suspension. This includes practically every race walker in their country, most notably defending gold medalist Lashmanova.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower View Post
    James Ellingworth (an AP reporter) is reporting via Twitter that Russia is going to leave any athletes who have served a doping ban off their Olympic team, in hopes of getting the IAAF to lift their suspension. This includes practically every race walker in their country, most notably defending gold medalist Lashmanova.
    Not enough!!

10. Collapse Details

Administrator
    I think it's a smart move that will win them some support within the IAAF Council. We know the race walkers are a huge part of the problem in Russia, Russia basically voluntarily agreeing to keep them off the team is a big step.

And it's a step most other countries are either unable and/or unwilling to take. We have lots of Americans, particularly sprinters, with previous doping bans of various levels of severity. Our laws would prohibit us from keeping them off the team, but even if they didn't, I can't imagine there would be much appetite for it.

If Russia truly takes this step, I'm sure they will see themselves on a moral high ground.

It seems like the new PR agency they have hired is paying off.