Facts, Not Fiction

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    The question is: Why would a man want to live an extra 20 years as a neutered male?
    Great question, and very hard to understand how this barbaric procedure was practiced in Italy right into the 19th century.

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2018/...trato-singers/

2. Collapse Details

Its basically like an old doctor joke I heard a long time ago

Patient: Doc, I need to know if I'm gonna live another 25 years.
    MD: OK, let me ask you some questions. Do you smoke?
    Patient: No, never have.
    MD: Good. Do you drink alcoholic?
    Patient: No, I'm a teetotaler.
    MD: OK, Do you ever use any recreational drugs of any kind?
    Patient: Never have, doc. Never even smoked a joint.
    MD: Hmmm. Do you chase wild women?
    Patient: Never. Would never do that.
    MD: Exactly what do you want to live another 25 years for?

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post
    MD: Exactly what do you want to live another 25 years for?
    Oh, that's easy! Seeing 6 Olympic Games, 12 World Championships, 13 World Indoor Championships, 25 Penn Relays . . . .

:-)

4. Collapse Details

I find that stat hard to believe. The average male in first-world countries lives about 78-80 years so that would be living somewhere between 92-99 years on the average which is absurd. You could say that without the eunuchs the average male would live only 71-73 years and the eunuchs then 85-92 but even that is absurd.
    The 81 Korean eunuchs who were studied (using genealogical family records) lived in the 18th century and had an average lifespan of 70.1 years. They were compared with three non-eunuch families (2,589 individuals from the same time period and similar social status) whose average lifespans were between 50.9-55.6 years.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by wamego relays champ View Post
    The 81 Korean eunuchs who were studied (using genealogical family records) lived in the 18th century and had an average lifespan of 70.1 years. They were compared with three non-eunuch families (2,589 individuals from the same time period and similar social status) whose average lifespans were between 50.9-55.6 years.
    Extending that to the 21st century and then publishing it with a headline that eunuchs live 14-19 years longer than non-eunuchs constitutes, IMO, journalistic malpractice

6. Collapse Details

I just looked at the article - its not the 18th century, it was the 16th to the 19th century. And they studied 81 eunuchs out of 385, or about 23% follow-up, because they couldn't get data on the others. I can't believe that a sister journal of Cell actually accepted this article.

7. Collapse Details

Did you ever hear that castration is considered a eunuch experience?
    It (doesn't) take b***s to say that!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    Here's the latest latest. She's got a deal to appear on a British reality show. Her fee--500,000 ($647,000).

https://pagesix.com/2019/11/02/caitl...r-647k-payday/
    Although I've hardly ever watched it myself that is a very big show over here. From memory, they usually have one US participant/contestant in it who tends to be an actor from an old TV show that is well-known in the UK.

9. Collapse Details

I would think the average life span of non-eunuchs would be negatively effected if they lived during a period of war or pestilence.

10. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by wamego relays champ View Post
    Did they mention that the eunuchs were not working hard labor 6 days per week?

This is a perfect example where statistics void of a rational physical model is useless bean counting.