Facts, Not Fiction

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

As a transgender who rose to the pinnacle of the sport competing against men, I would be curious to hear Jenner's take on the current state of affairs. LGBT icon Martina Navratilova was pilloried when she expressed the same opinion as the folks on this thread.

2. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    you've obviously never heard Jim Spivey
    I have never heard Jim Spivey speak but I seem to recall him having one of the most graceful strides in the world of mens 1500m. One of the slightest light weight milers at the time, he made marathoners look overfed !!
    Last edited by user4; 11-05-2019 at 05:35 PM.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    As a transgender who rose to the pinnacle of the sport competing against men, I would be curious to hear Jenner's take on the current state of affairs.
    See the Jenner article currently in the front page headline section.

4. Collapse Details

As a transgender who rose to the pinnacle of the sport competing against men, I . . .
    TAFNY for 'Best Dangling Modifier of the Year'.

5. Collapse Details

Is that want that was Thank you, TOE

6. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    See the Jenner article currently in the front page headline section.
    Im going to guess that Jenner's view is in perfect harmony with what view would give him the most publicity$$.

User4 has principles and if you dont like them and pay then I have others!!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    TAFNY for 'Best Dangling Modifier of the Year'.
    Drats! I guess you have to get up pretty early in the morning to slip bad grammar by you English majors. I actually had to read it a couple of times before I spotted my mistake. Thanks.

8. Collapse Details

As a transgender who rose to the pinnacle of the sport competing against men, I would be curious to hear Jenner's take on the current state of affairs.
    Dangling modifier (which distracted me too) aside, the BBC story linked on the home page today answers your question. She seems to be cautiously in support of the steps the IOC and IAAF are taking to preserve fairness, while diplomatically also supporting the rights of transgender athletes to benefit from participating in sports.

Jenner added: "I think they should do exactly what they are doing. The International Olympic Committee is the only organisation who have taken this issue seriously for many many years.

"Everyone deserves a right to be able to compete, and so they started coming up with hormone levels so now trans people can compete. Nobody has made an Olympic team yet.

"I think the most important thing is people that are different, people that are dealing with trans issues and stuff like that- I think they deserve an opportunity to play sports. Sports was very very good to me. We should not deny them of that opportunity. But also we should look at it closely and almost deal with it on an individual basis. But the Olympic committee is doing a good job."

9. Collapse Details

Drats! I guess you have to get up pretty early in the morning to slip bad grammar by you English majors. I actually had to read it a couple of times before I spotted my mistake. Thanks.
    And you need to be someone who has to read copy for errors to even spot it. We all knew exactly what you meant.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    Is that want that was Thank you, TOE
    Oh dear, am I going to have to keep you after school too?!