Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. Collapse Details
    VCB 52.95 just off her PB of 52.77.
    #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    291
    VCB recently placed 3rd in the 400m at a meet in Florida. She ran 52.95 her fastest time since 2010 (one of her best seasons to date).

    Is age catching up with her or can she do some damage at the Rio Olympics if she qualifies at the National Trials?
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    She has to hope that no sprint sensation rises from the ashes during outdoor season as Elaine did last year.
    I'm willing to bet both Elaine and SAFP will be doubling which leaves one spot to Rio.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    23,443
    She was coming back very well by the end of the season; I did not give up on her and she surprised many by medalling in that extremely fast 200.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,358
    I think she has one very good season left. I can't see anyone snagging that third spot from her in the 100m, I guess possibly Natasha Morrison if she is in the same form she was last year. I think Simpson and Kerron are finished...

    The 200m, she had a shocking result at Worlds, so I hope she can build on that and qualify.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui
    Posts
    6,592
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
    I think she has one very good season left. I can't see anyone snagging that third spot from her in the 100m, I guess possibly Natasha Morrison if she is in the same form she was last year. I think Simpson and Kerron are finished...

    The 200m, she had a shocking result at Worlds, so I hope she can build on that and qualify.
    Why do you say she had a shocking result? Unless you mean shockingly good. She got 3rd in 21.97. I believe that the only season she has run faster was her stellar OG gold medal year of 2008 in the same stadium. The 2 girls who beat her ran faster than VCBs personal best.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Good opener, but not that impressive. Her best time is quite better than that, according to All-Athletics she ran 52.25 back in 2011 and an even better 52.24 indoor in 2005 (!) that's eleven years ago. This is better than last year opener (53.mid) but not so good to discuss it, in my opinion.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuariki View Post
    Why do you say she had a shocking result? Unless you mean shockingly good. She got 3rd in 21.97. I believe that the only season she has run faster was her stellar OG gold medal year of 2008 in the same stadium. The 2 girls who beat her ran faster than VCBs personal best.
    I assumed he meant shockingly good. Since he result was very far from shockingly bad. After the semis I thought she would finish last in the finals.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke View Post
    Good opener, but not that impressive. Her best time is quite better than that, according to All-Athletics she ran 52.25 back in 2011 and an even better 52.24 indoor in 2005 (!) that's eleven years ago. This is better than last year opener (53.mid) but not so good to discuss it, in my opinion.
    I stand corrected, her PB outdoors is actually 52.25. However, this time of 52.95 is faster than her season openers in 2014 and most notably 2015 ( where she recorded season best times of 10.89 and 21.97). I am a big fan of VCB and I will discuss matters pertaining to her. You are free to scroll past them.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,358
    Yeah, I meant in a positive sense. She shocked the heck out of me, I did not even really expect her to better 22.50 based on her results the last few years over 200m and performance thus far in the rounds. But she ran 21.97, from lane 1, for a bronze medal. Yeah, I was shocked.

    If anyone actually was not surprised by her surprisingly great result in the 200m, they need to go buy some lottery tickets or something because it truly came out of nowhere.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New Haven, CT + Kgn, JA
    Posts
    5,480
    Christiania Williams may also surprise in the 100, as well as Ramona Burchell
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •