Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    after reading this board for a few years, I now understand that"having higher thresholds of stress and pain, and their willingness to work harder than others, and being tougher" is frequently a euphemism for doped.
    Kind of like "personal workout program" was the same for MLB players in the 70's and 80's.

2. Collapse Details

I'm as shocked as Captain Renault.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    Why? I would certainly give more credibility to official state documentation of organized doping than to a hand written 20 year old letter(though I don't doubt the Chinese were doped). And yet, those GDR medals and records remain.
    Exactly. Why jump on a single interview given 20 years ago when little has been done about other supposed documentation, interviews etc over the years. I think the IAAF has to be seen to be consistent in who they target.

4. Collapse Details

I guess I have to vacate my throne as the first ever WC track and Field fantasy competition Champion sponsored by the online track and field chat group. This chat group was way before T&F News goes online. I was going strong but was in 3rd place until women 1500m final. I had a hunch about Chinese and my correct placing made me overall champ.
    I want this board to know that I had no knowledge of Chinese doping and I just predicted the results by looking at the way those girls previous results and running faster in the 2nd half of their races. I also predicted 2012 women 1500m right before doping changed the results.
    Your truly,
    Ex-1993 WC fantasy Champion
    GHM

5. Collapse Details

The questions that need to be asked and determined are:
    1. Did Wang Junxia sign that document?
    2. Who are the other signatories?
    3. Are the signatures genuine?
    4. Has Wang Junxia admitted it is her signature?

The reason I ask this is that I understand she denied a few years ago that she was ever on the steroidal / PED juice. It was all in the cucumber/caterpillar/turtle blood smoothies.

I understand that Wang Junxia now lives in the USA. I am somewhat surprised that the western media haven't managed to beat down her door and inetrview her.

6. Collapse Details

On paper Wang and co's times look way out there and obviously drug enhanced but i would propose that all of those records have been in reach of many athletes who have vompeted since if they had been targeted especially 10k.

There is no way that Tulu, Radliffe, Adere, Wami, Dibaba, Defar. Cheriyot and maybe have run anywhere near their capacity. In fact nearly all of them ran their PB in championship races. Paula solo in the rain. I have no doubt that all of them could have run significantly faster in a paced DL race. Maybe not WR fast but significantly under 30 mins. The same for other distances.

My point bring that while we've all long had our suspicions about Wang etc that might well soon be exposed. It took a whole lot more than just taking drugs to achieve those times and if subsequent athletes has run with such abandon and actually tried to break them, like PR did in Marathon (I've not seen a WR attempt or even an attempt to run realy fast in 10k since Ingrid Kristianson) these times may not be considered so extraordinary. After the WR in all distance races the all time lists are pretty thin. They are still massively underdeveloped events.

7. Collapse Details

"I understand that Wang Junxia now lives in the USA. I am somewhat surprised that the western media haven't managed to beat down her door and inetrview her."

Because no one in the U.S. media gives a toss.....

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mump boy View Post
    On paper Wang and co's times look way out there and obviously drug enhanced but i would propose that all of those records have been in reach of many athletes who have vompeted since if they had been targeted especially 10k.
    On paper and in every possible way those times look way out there. First, tracks make a difference and the track they ran on was not Olympic caliber, which makes those of the very top runners a bit faster. Second, the number of totally off-the-wall competitors that ran times no one has come close to is ridiculous - one extremely talented runner doing, maybe, but not in the numbers and with the (lack of) pedigree there. Third, the almost total lack of any follow up by all but about one runner is way past suspicious. I am not sure that a single one of the 'other' runners in that 3000 ever ran a 1500 at that pace. Finally, the comment about the top runners not being pushed that hard is silly in my thinking. The American distance runners are now the third most successful behind Kenya and Ethiopia and the American 3000 record is not remotely close to those marks. When an American can run in the 8:30s it is quite a story, and this is from some that have medalled in the WCs/OGs.

9. Collapse Details

Now take that evidence... And yeah.. think about it..

How many countries in this world are hiding behind their so called super star?

And when i say hiding, I mean how many countries continue to deny everything and support them because they ran a good time or whatever..

Why does this make me believe that there are countries in this world that go out of their way to not steroid test an athlete because they are so afraid that if they do then they will catch them cheating?

Is this what this crap is? Are the testers in some parts of this world and countries like russia afraid to test their star athletes?

Are the steroid testers themselves going out of their way to just not test them? Are they going out of their way to test them out of season when they know that they won't be on the streroids?

What is the exact process? Why can nobody answer how often, when , where, etc, that an athlete gets tested?

I have searched this crap online and I still can't find out how, when, where, what, and why,,, etc.. that they test athletes.

How often is a track athlete tested per year?

When?

Where?
    By who?

How many times per year?

I'll say it again. I NEED ANSWERS... HOW MANY TIMES IS A TRACK AND FIELD ATHLETE TESTED PER YEAR?

WHO DOES THE TESTING IN THEIR COUNTRY? WHEN?

HOW MUCH TIME ARE THEY GIVEN BEFORE THE TEST TO GET THE CRAP OUT OF THEIR SYSTEM?

ARE THEY DOING MANDATORY TESTS ON ALL ATHLETES?

ARE THEY DOING MANDATORY TESTING ON ALL MEDAL WINNERS?

IF SOMEONE WINS THE OLYMPICS IN THE 100 ARE THEY SUBJECT TO A STEROID TEST IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE WIN?

IF NOT THEN WHY NOT?

WHY ARE THESE QUESTIONS SO HARD TO ANSWER IN THIS WORLD?

Who can answer these?

How much funding goes into the test sites?

I just read something today that someone got 10 million to do better tests...

That's a start..

Are the tests just random?

And if they are random then why can't they make them more often?

Yeah I know it costs alot.. But why can't they just make it cheaper then?

I mean this crap is really pissing me off.. about the testing procedures and not knowing how often a track athlete gets tested...

Who can answer some of these questions?

Wait I forgot.. No one.. Because i'm sure right after this post everyone will go right back into talking about someone else and act like my post doesn't even exist..

You're right.. My post doesn't exist.. I don't exist.. You're right.
    Last edited by track400meters; 02-12-2016 at 04:59 PM.

10. Collapse Details

Hey there bro!! Where do you live? My nephews would like to know as they must be smoking some pretty stuff where you come from.