Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Chinese doping story
    Is this real?

'A regime of state sponsored doping has been detailed in a letter from world record holding Chinese runner Wang Junxia and the squad of nine runners nicknamed Ma’s Army to a journalist, state media reports.

Wang revealed in 1995 that she and her teammates were forced to take “large doses of illegal drugs over the years”, according to a report that surfaced this week.'

http://www.scmp.com/sport/china/arti...isk-loss-world

2. Collapse Details

20 years for a journalist to tell a story? And if Chinese athletes lose records, medals etc on the basis of that then surely that would have to be replicated for others in a similar situation; e.g. East Germans. Has the IAAF ever opened an investigation into historical state sponsored doping in Eastern Europe in the 70's and 80's?

3. Collapse Details

I think it would be wise to keep it to this story and not drag anyone else in.

4. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by cubehead View Post
    I think it would be wise to keep it to this story and not drag anyone else in.
    Why? I would certainly give more credibility to official state documentation of organized doping than to a hand written 20 year old letter(though I don't doubt the Chinese were doped). And yet, those GDR medals and records remain.
    There are no strings on me

5. Collapse Details

well, this is shocking......NOT. Everyone knew it all along. Bunch of dopers, even if it wasn't by choice, at least get rid of the records.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by nztrackfan View Post
    20 years for a journalist to tell a story? And if Chinese athletes lose records, medals etc on the basis of that then surely that would have to be replicated for others in a similar situation; e.g. East Germans. Has the IAAF ever opened an investigation into historical state sponsored doping in Eastern Europe in the 70's and 80's?
    Why do that? We only have admissions of guilt from multiple "WR" holders. That would be presumptuous and a witch hunt. We don't condone that here.

7. Collapse Details

Who are the other supposed signatories ?
    i deserve extra credit

8. Collapse Details

Yawn. Wake me when we start discussing women's records of the 70's and 80's.

9. Collapse Details

"Ma attributed their performances to intense training in the Tibetan Alps, a ban on long hair and dating and their consumption of turtle blood and caterpillar fungus."

Of course! Now we know the real secret of their success! All his (Ma's) previous blather about Chinese women having higher thresholds of stress and pain, and their willingness to work harder than others, and being tougher because they grew up in poverty, is an insult to women everywhere who work hard to reach the top.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bobguild76 View Post
    "Ma attributed their performances to intense training in the Tibetan Alps, a ban on long hair and dating and their consumption of turtle blood and caterpillar fungus."

Of course! Now we know the real secret of their success! All his (Ma's) previous blather about Chinese women having higher thresholds of stress and pain, and their willingness to work harder than others, and being tougher because they grew up in poverty, .....
    after reading this board for a few years, I now understand that"having higher thresholds of stress and pain, and their willingness to work harder than others, and being tougher" is frequently a euphemism for doped.