Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Exactly. Some people do cheat even when there is little or no money and glory involved. Yes, there should be some sense of proportion and testing the vets as extensively as you do world-class athletes would be overdoing it, but some testing is in order.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

2. Collapse Details

Taking ADHD meds will get you a PEDs violation. Is anyone that gets a PEDs violation cheating? Is taking meds that helps hair grow cheating? Not everything that sets off a PEDs violation is cheating -- remember all of those marijuana positives, lots of cheating there too.

3. Collapse Details

This whole 60 and over seems to be taking it all too seriously. At this age who really cares. I have a friend in Boulder, over 70 who collects medals by the boatload and posts on Facebook. Cute but really kind of silly. When my father was 90 he did his first 5k. It was all fun. He was still walking everyday at 104 which was much more meaningful.

Drug testing over 60s seems really idiotic.
    Last edited by cubehead; 01-29-2016 at 07:06 PM.

4. Collapse Details

Administrator
    The problem is that all of the masters drug busts I've seen are for athletes who would have been fine if they had a TUE. We don't seem to be catching masters cheaters, we're catching masters who didn't deal with TUE paperwork. Wow USADA, way to clean up the dirty underbelly of masters athletics *eyeroll*

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by cubehead View Post
    This whole 60 and over seems to be taking it all too seriously. At this age who really cares. I have a friend in Boulder, over 70 who collects medals by the boatload and posts on Facebook. Cute but really kind of silly. When my father was 90 he did his first 5k. It was all fun. He was still walking everyday at 104 which was much more meaningful.

Drug testing over 60s seems really idiotic.
    For me the head to head rivalry that would trump any head to head rivalry this year would be if the two 105 year old age group speed demons clashed head to head. The 105+ year old Polish guy and the 105+ year old Japanese guy. I would pay more money to see that than to see Bolt-Gatlin in Rio. Master's athletics is a crucial part of athletics.

Polish guy (105):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee0VK2zLoX8

Japanese guy (105):
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-record.html
    Last edited by spammer; 01-30-2016 at 01:16 AM.
    Bolt's last year...and my last year as a track fan, it's been fun

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower View Post
    I don't have a problem with the concept of USADA testing masters, but the focus should be on meets with prize money, which are primarily road races. Come to Club Cross and test. Don't come to the obscure USATF Masters Throws Championships.

USADA only has so much money for testing. I watched them tell the athletes at the USATF Annual Meeting that they want the athletes to advocate for more funding so they could test more. If funding is the factor that is limiting how much we test our elite athletes, then funding should be focused where money is... the elites and the handful of masters events with prize money.

Only so much money? Why doesn't someone instead of donating millions upon millions of money to colleges, donate millions to the USADA>... Looks like they need more funding..

What's so hard to understand about that?.. Everyone should be making small donations to them so that we can make these steroid tests even stricter and more frequent...

And why are they not getting the funding that they need to make it more strict? What a joke...

Hey guys we want the world to be steroid free, but wait, we forgot.. we don't have the money for it..

What a joke..

Looks like someone needs to help them the hell out..

I am not happy with the current steroid testing... Do they test each and every athlete 6 times per year?

Do they? If they don't then looks like it's not frequent enough...

How stict are the tests? So let me get this straight.. Humans were smart enough to invent steroids but not that smart to fully and accurately test for it?

Do all track athletes get tested per year? If they don't then looks like it's not frequent enough..

I would like every single athlete and model steroid tested on this planet at intervals throughout the year...

What really pisses me off is the bodybuilding and powerlifting groups in the world that everyone worships..

Every country has their own so called bodybuilding hero.. It's a joke... It's sick and pathetic..

And I would like the countries like china that are producing these illegal steroids to be held more accountable and liable..

Why can't more teams and more companies be developed to go after china more to shut down these places that are producing them and shipping them worldwide?

What a joke... China gets away with so much crap that it's unreal...
    Last edited by track400meters; 02-01-2016 at 11:55 AM.

7. Collapse Details

Yeah, in terms of hair growth meds, tell that to Zach Lund, who missed out on the Olympics because he was trying not to go bald, even though the drug was not a PED and was soon taken off the lists. As Ray Donovan once asked, "Where do I go to get my reputation back?"

8. Collapse Details
    Sprinter hires Howard Jacobs, "Johnnie Cochran" of athlete lawyers, in doping case
    Greg Pizza, 62, has retained the biggest gun in sports-doping: Howard Jacobs, who helped Marion Jones beat an EPO rap in 2006:

http://timesofsandiego.com/sports/20...s-doping-case/

Greg wants Jacobs to get USADA to change the definition of recreational athlete so any older athlete can get a TUE that allows testostrone use.

K E N

9. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by KenStone View Post
    Howard Jacobs, who helped Marion Jones beat an EPO rap in 2006...

Jacobs had nothing to do with "helping Jones beat an EPO rap". Her B sample did not confirm the A positive.

But never let the facts get in the way of a good story, eh Ken?
    Last edited by guru; 02-03-2016 at 09:32 AM.
    There are no strings on me

10. Collapse Details

who really cares about elderly sports?

I'd rather they turn up testing at a pro meet, or college meet. Or even a high school meet.
    Old people have a lot of reasons to take meds. If it makes them feel younger, so what. ANd yes I suspect I'll get the argument about the integrity of the sport etc. However I don't care. Its not important in the scheme of athletics. And his testosterone replacement therapy likely is to normalise him. It likely isn't like an EPO booster than shifts him to 50 or above. More likely it puts him in the middle of the range.
    Have a look at Ryan Hall. Similar issue but forced to retire.