Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    M60 sprinter facing 4-year drug ban challenges USADA to fix rules
    My Southern California Striders teammate Greg Pizza, 62, figures his sprints career is over. He's been taking testosterone as part of HRT since 2013 and tested positive at 2015 USATF Jacksonville masters nationals.

But my story recounts how he's aiming to force USADA to modify its rules for masters recreational athletes.

http://timesofsandiego.com/sports/20...-easing-rules/

He's still awaiting an arbitration hearing, which might change a 4-year ban to 2-year suspension. But Pizza (pronounced PIE-zuh) is taking his case public to encourage others to press for change.

K E N

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by KenStone View Post
    My Southern California Striders teammate Greg Pizza, 62, figures his sprints career is over. He's been taking testosterone as part of HRT since 2013 and tested positive at 2015 USATF Jacksonville masters nationals.

But my story recounts how he's aiming to force USADA to modify its rules for masters recreational athletes.

http://timesofsandiego.com/sports/20...-easing-rules/

He's still awaiting an arbitration hearing, which might change a 4-year ban to 2-year suspension. But Pizza (pronounced PIE-zuh) is taking his case public to encourage others to press for change.

K E N

I'm not buying his story... The rules if anything are not even strict enough.. Yet here he is trying to make them less strict which basically doesn't even make any sense...

I'm calling for stricter tests, more advanced technology, better tests, better results...etc...

The tests have a long way to go.... I don't think they are really going to get good for another million years..

I don't believe in man made testosterone replacement or whatever... He's just going to have to deal with what is going on with him and stop complaining..

The rules are there for a reason.. No matter the age.. And if someone is caught breaking the rules then there are punishments...

Period... End of story..

3. Collapse Details

Did the guy ever try to apply for a TUE? If he didn't, I can't really feel sorry for him. He knew he was taking testosterone and that it's against the rules. Had he gone public with his concerns after starting the therapy, rather than only after he got caught, he'd have a lot more credibility.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

4. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    How about we let them take testosterone and allow him to compete against guys in their 20s with that same testosterone level.

5. Collapse Details

OP can't be serious.

6. Collapse Details

OP is serious; do you know who he is?

7. Collapse Details

Administrator
    I don't have a problem with the concept of USADA testing masters, but the focus should be on meets with prize money, which are primarily road races. Come to Club Cross and test. Don't come to the obscure USATF Masters Throws Championships.

USADA only has so much money for testing. I watched them tell the athletes at the USATF Annual Meeting that they want the athletes to advocate for more funding so they could test more. If funding is the factor that is limiting how much we test our elite athletes, then funding should be focused where money is... the elites and the handful of masters events with prize money.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    OP is serious; do you know who he is?
    Yes. I can't believe the positions he takes.

9. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    Yes. I can't believe the positions he takes.
    It makes the sport more fun to have a few people who take extreme positions ; )

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower View Post
    I don't have a problem with the concept of USADA testing masters, but the focus should be on meets with prize money, which are primarily road races. Come to Club Cross and test. Don't come to the obscure USATF Masters Throws Championships.

USADA only has so much money for testing. I watched them tell the athletes at the USATF Annual Meeting that they want the athletes to advocate for more funding so they could test more. If funding is the factor that is limiting how much we test our elite athletes, then funding should be focused where money is... the elites and the handful of masters events with prize money.
    Because prize money is all that matters !!
    i deserve extra credit