Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Russian athletes and world rankings
    If the Russian athletes are banned for the year from major competitions but excel in minor meets with some outstanding marks, how will they be ranked generally? Hasn't this been an issue with South Africans before? Is it possible Izzy or Shubenkov or Chicherova could be #1 without an Olympic medal?

2. Collapse Details

Administrator
    We ranked Chichchin Ni as No.1 back in '70 when China wasn't an IAAF member.

Things have obvioiusly changed since then, with all kinds of international competition that didn't exist then, so it would be tougher for a Russian to crack the Rankings without a head-to-head record of any kind, but it's possible.

3. Collapse Details

Where can they compete? Only in Russia I assume and even then would the results even be valid?

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Flumpy View Post
    Where can they compete? Only in Russia I assume and even then would the results even be valid?
    For CLEAN athletes--like Isinbayeva, Chicherova, and Shubenkov---they would!!

5. Collapse Details

Administrator
    I suspect marks made in Russia this year, across the board, will be more "valid" than they've been in many a year, given the scrutiny they're under

6. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumpy View Post
    They can only compete in domestic meets. My understanding is that the results are not supposed to be valid for qualifying purposes, but I don't really trust the IAAF to be consistent or keep their word on anything.

They have yet to be drug tested, any of them. Plans to have Norway do the testing fell through. UK anti-doping is in talks with Russia, but that has not been finalized let along underway. Subsequent to those reports, the UK has blamed Putin for killing a former spy on British soil, curious if that will put a kink in things with drug testing.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    I suspect marks made in Russia this year, across the board, will be more "valid" than they've been in many a year, given the scrutiny they're under
    Partly true.. But yet again you have to remember that you're dealing with a country that doesn't give the same meaning to steroids that you or I give it..

There is a language barrier... The word steroid is spelled s t e r o i d ... To me or you or to any other sane person this is a bad word... It means don't take this.. or don't eat this..

But you have to keep reminding yourself that there are parts of the world that look at the word steroids as some type of morning cereal.. Or some type of vitamin..

That's how stupid some people in this world can be.. They literally think that they are just taking another protein supplement...

It could very well have something to do with the english language and how the english language gives meaning to this word.. And how other languages in the world could fail to do so...

Even with the problem that's going on with russia.. i still would not trust anything without 100 percent proof..

A big part of it is that every country has their so called bodybuilding hero or powerlifting hero and most of those people take steroids..

It rubs off on track athletes.. Alot of people in the world worship steroid users..without knowing it..

There are alot of so called role models in the world that are on steroids and have millions of followers on youtube, instagram, twitter( on a side note twitter has to be the dumbest name ever for a website), and facebook... etc....

You should see the amount of worship that these people get on those pages.. it's unreal.. they literally have every country in the world calling them their hero on their pages.. It's actually pathetic when I think about it..

These so called " role models" influence millions of college age people around the world.....
    The people influenced by these people are sometimes led to believe that taking this so called vitamin will help them too and that they should take it..

I'm partly blaming alot of the problems in track and field on the bodybuilding and powerlifting groups in the world..

There needs to be more testing... more testing and then on top of that more testing...

I'm pushing for laws that would require even modeling businesses to steroid test athletes before all major photo sessions.. That way no steroid user would ever show up in magazines, tv, media, protein supplement bottles,, etc, etc, etc and then on top of that more etc...

8. Collapse Details

The funny thing is, as they aren't being drug tested yet they've had all this 'off season' to take whatever drugs they want and by the time whomever actually tests them, they'll be off them but reaping the benefits. Lol

9. Collapse Details

Adler JT
    1.Vera Rebrik 67.30
    2.Mariya Abakumova 59.55

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pakilo View Post
    Adler JT
    1.Vera Rebrik 67.30
    2.Mariya Abakumova 59.55
    Massive throw per Rebrik! As for Abakumova, it seems neither her or her husband are doing well in recent times. She is returning from childbirth but both her and Lysenko are encountering far more problems than others like Spotakova.