Facts, Not Fiction

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    One advantage of having Coe in is that he has a pretty good reputation (well, except for that (large) semi-lunatic subset of the British press).
    Right, a good reputation except with the people who pay attention to what he says and does.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    No, you come back to that, apparently because that's where you started. You keep eliding the missing step in your logic, which is: Every member of the 27-person IAAF Council knew everything that any member knew. Pound seems to be supporting Coe, that weighs heavily against that proposition.

There is a monstrous clean-up job to be done. This focus on Coe seems counter-productive to me.
    So Pound the lawyer, who "carefully weighs his words", made a big mistake by signing a report that clearly suggests Coe knew what was going on. We aren't talking about EVERYTHING, we are talking about one major topic, massive doping in Russia that has been covered up. The report doesn't say "parts of the IAAF council knew" it also doesn't say Coe didn't know. No matter how much you twist this, if you believe the WADA report, which Pound signed, then Coe knew about doping in Russia and it's coverup, a fact which he denied. You don't ask a person involved in the crime to clean up the crime scene. There is an easy solution: Coe should sign a sworn affidavit that he didn't know about the doping scandal, the coverup by the IAAF, Diack's illegal activities or any illegal activities regarding Doha 2019 and Eugene 2021. If he is innocent he should have no problem signing such a document, if he is guilty he would never sign it because he then could face criminal charges.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by norunner View Post
    ... Coe should sign a sworn affidavit ... [etc]
    I think that would be counter-productive. At best, it would give the impression that Coe is the person singularly at fault, and we all know that there is a systemic problem. As I said earlier, I don't even like Coe, and I dont trust him, I just don't think he's the main problem and I do think there is a chance he is part of the solution. Clearly you disagree. I may be wrong. But isn't it time to back off? I completely agree with GH: Get back to me when there's more than innuendo.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    Whatever Coe did or didnt "know" about the Diack/Russia shenanigans, the landmine for Coe lies in the Eugene 2021 investigation, and the sudden about-face Diack did on his non-committal stance following Coe's confab with Nike point men Masback and Lananna
    Something else i couldn't care less about

Is there anyone who doesn't think Eugene isn't a great choice for 2021 ? So what if they didn't go through a proper application process ? Give it to Stockholm (or whoever it was who wanted it) next time.
    Last edited by mump boy; 01-21-2016 at 05:58 PM.
    i deserve extra credit

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    Despite the British press's D-Day like campaign to crush Coe, I'd be curious as to what the man in the street has to say at this point. (I was surprised in the fall of '12—when I would have thought his star to be at its apex—to be back in London and chatting with my cabbie and bringing up The Lordly One's name and you'd think I'd suggested Hitler was about to start bombing again)
    The man on the street has absolutely nothing to say about it. Apart from some vague idea that there's a scandal 9 out 10 people in UK don't have a clue what's going on or who the president of IAAF if !!
    i deserve extra credit

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by booond View Post
    And that's why he shouldn't be in charge. He is a true politician and will weigh what is best for Coe well before what is best for Athletics. His reactions to the opening of the boxes is not to be inquisitive and learn the depth of the problem but to be political.

This isn't like the OG where he can lead like a white knight, this is a crime scene. He needs to make hard choices and make enemies. The IAAF needs a fixer, not a pragmatist, not a backslapper. They need someone completely outside this world who isn't beholden to voting delegations. Someone independent. Coe is the least independent person in the world.
    There is nobody in the circles from which you'd find a likely successor who isn't ultimately a politician you don't get to that position without being one
    i deserve extra credit

7. Collapse Details

Administrator
    BBC Five Live has been giving decent coverage to these events. If 1 out of 10 Brits is vaguely aware of it, that is better than the US where it might be 1 out of 1000.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower View Post
    BBC Five Live has been giving decent coverage to these events. If 1 out of 10 Brits is vaguely aware of it, that is better than the US where it might be 1 out of 1000.
    That would imply 300,000 are following this...ha!

More like 1 in a million. The 1 in 1000 is overstating it for the UK even. As mumps said no one one cares.

9. Collapse Details

I don't believe in coe favoring deleting world records.

Do you know why?

It's a little something called actual physical proof.. That's why.. Without it you can't actually do anything..

And I wouldn't be surprised if koch tried to sue if her record was deleted..

Here's the point.. It doesn't matter if people around someone were taking something..

The theory behind this is that if someone wasn't actually caught using steroids then nobody can tell them that they were on steroids..

Therefore don't blame a group of people or person.. What everyone needs to be blaming is the testing system... Blame technology for not being able to catch every steroid user..;

That's what you do.. You don't go around and try to " GUESS" who was on steroids and who wasn't ...

And I don't give a crap how much proof you think you have... .. If it's 98 percent.. Then it's still NOT 100 percent proof....

Does this ring a bell in anyones head or not?
    Last edited by track400meters; 01-21-2016 at 06:31 PM.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mump boy View Post
    There is nobody in the circles from which you'd find a likely successor who isn't ultimately a politician you don't get to that position without being one
    No one in the mafia is a crimefighter. Funny how that works.