Facts, Not Fiction

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post
    track400metres - I'm not sure you've fully explained yourself. Could you go into a bit more detail?
    He must TEAR UP Twitter.

2. Collapse Details

By extension of track400's logic, it would be more beneficial to not run at all.. 35 yards is a long way..

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by track400meters View Post
    So what's the reason? Is it because we are dumb?
    You can speak for yourself but leave the rest of us out of it.

4. Collapse Details

400 -- I am a mediocre distance runner and hardly ever did any sprints past elementary school. However, I could do 12.0 in flats on a dirt track (I did have blocks, however). Too bad I did not do all that lifting, I might have been able to go under 10.5.

5. Collapse Details

Not Matt Marriott.
    track400meters HAS to be the same guy who has posted here several times about being the best in the world if age and weight are figured into 400 meter times and he is so damn good looking, too! Even has provided video links of his mind blowing workouts.

Now he adds the notion that muscle bulk = health. Based on that premise Lou Ferrigno should outlive every distance runner on earth. Makes as much sense as anything else track400 has posted over the years.

P.S. (on a slightly more ration note) I agree with Lonewolf about the value of endurance running in hunting and gathering. My memory of anthropology textbooks is that an important hunting strategy for large animals is to wound the prey and then trot after it with the intention of inflicting more damage until the beast bleeds out or otherwise succumbs... a pursuit that might last many hours or stretch into days.

Still, I recall that hjsteve recently posted about an injury incurred while running. That does go to prove the narrow conclusion that high jumpers should avoid running distances longer than about 100 feet :-)
    Last edited by jc203; 01-10-2016 at 09:55 PM.