Facts, Not Fiction

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

I hope you chest-beaters are taking appropriate steps to make your carbon footprints zero.

2. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Oh dear.....a great reply....but not surprising ....
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 08-27-2019 at 06:53 PM.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Oh dear.....great reply....as if it was that easy....critical of a fairy tale and some get all upset...
    But it IS that easy on a personal level. You can lead the way and reduce your carbon footprint to almost zero, if you truly think we are in the midst of a planet-threatening disaster.

4. Collapse Details

Meanwhile...in the world of reality...

5. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by Pego View Post
    A question for lonewolf, actually three of them. Has this periodic trend included acidification of oceans and massive deforestation of the planet? Have those warming trends occur in such short periods of time?
    A herd of elephant can clear out 100 acres in fairly short order. Say good bye to your corn field if you want to support a few of them. Nature seemed to favor the elephant/mamouth as a good solution to keeping flora in check. Now she favors that pesky primate.He is really in vogue and full of himself. Wants to be warm in winter and cool in summer. I hope that chimp doesnt mow everything in his sight and drive CO2 levels up to 1%.

6. Collapse Details

A question for lonewolf, actually three of them. Has this periodic trend included acidification of oceans and massive deforestation of the planet? Have those warming trends occur in such short periods of time?
    Fair questions.
    Not to be flippant but obviously there was no one to chronicle the short term rate of cooling/warming or test acidity of oceans for the millions of years of the major periods of glaciation; humans only appearing post the fourth period from which earth is still emerging. We simply do not know what happened in the 15,000 or 200,000 years after the apogee of each ice age.
    Nor was there anyone to commit massive deforestation but I am confident piling a mile of ice on them was deleterious.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    Fair questions.
    Not to be flippant but obviously there was no one to chronicle the short term rate of cooling/warming or test acidity of oceans for the millions of years of the major periods of glaciation; humans only appearing post the fourth period from which earth is still emerging. We simply do not know what happened in the 15,000 or 200,000 years after the apogee of each ice age.
    Nor was there anyone to commit massive deforestation but I am confident piling a mile of ice on them was deleterious.
    You quoted "periodic trends of the past 15,000 years". That is the period my questions address, not the hundreds ot thousand years. The reason I am asking is that I am not aware of this degree of oceans acidification reported. Obviously, during the ice age we did not have as massive forests, but the ice age has been gone 10,000+ years.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

8. Collapse Details

You quoted "periodic trends of the past 15,000 years". That is the period my questions address, not the hundreds ot thousand years. The reason I am asking is that I am not aware of this degree of oceans acidification reported. Obviously, during the ice age we did not have as massive forests, but the ice age has been gone 10,000+ years.
    I re-read my post. Poor phrasing of first sentence. Periods of warming /cooling refers to periods of glaciation, not last 15,000 years since last ice age for which we only have records for a relatively few years.

9. Collapse Details

Today's Jumble...

10. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Regarding ocean acidification, we have only just begun to measure oceanic pH. One of the hazards of the alarmist position is that they associate gross inferences regarding the past with the accuracy of present measurements. The result is a belief that the environment is changing rapidly in the present compared to the past.

It is likewise the same with temperature measurements and CO2 measurements. The exponential increase of accurate measurements on the time and spatial scales of minutes and single miles in the recent century can not be used to conclude great changes when comparing to inferred "measurements" that are 100x less accurate and taken on time and spatial scales 100000x longer. It is folly.
    Last edited by user4; 08-29-2019 at 08:56 PM.