Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    should Felix go for the 2/4 double next year?
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    Perhyaps only if the Rio schedule changes,permitting the double. Otherwise, suspect she's back to the 200.
    Any plans for a double(or for that matter returning to the 200) just got a tad more complicated...
    There are no strings on me

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    Any plans for a double(or for that matter returning to the 200) just got a tad more complicated...
    If there were plans, which may have been more talk than plan, they are likely gone. SAFP may be looking harder in that mirror, too.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by booond View Post
    If there were plans, which may have been more talk than plan, they are likely gone. SAFP may be looking harder in that mirror, too.
    If Felix does 200/400, she isn't winning the 200 seeing as how it will be after the 400. The 21.6's could scare SAFP away too.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    we should probably withhold judgment on that until Felix & Schippers meet (as I believe they will) in the Brussels 200.
    It's not about whether Felix can beat Schippers in a one-off or even if Felix can beat Schippers if she runs only the 200m. A 400/200 double would be suicide for her chances though, esp since the 200 is after the 400.

I'm not withholding any judgment, calling it right now that if she doubles, she isn't winning 200 gold.

5. Collapse Details
    As much as I admire Allyson, especially her disciplined training, if she doubles, or even just the 200 next year, I agree with some that she'd be fighting for a bronze. Hope to see her in the 400, and 4x400 ONLY.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
    Agreed, Felix should stick to the 400m next year. If she wants to challenge these girls, focus on 200m and she will be right up there with them. But if she is pushing for a double, she will be sorely disappointed.
    Now your telling Felix what she should and shouldn't do? She's supposed to be scared to double now? lol

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DSKlausler View Post
    As much as I admire Allyson, especially her disciplined training, if she doubles, or even just the 200 next year, I agree with some that she'd be fighting for a bronze. Hope to see her in the 400, and 4x400 ONLY.
    So she should only contest events where you think she is guaranteed the GOLD?? So Now Felix should just give up the 200m? LOL smh
    Last edited by _Jay; 08-28-2015 at 04:37 PM.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by _Jay View Post
    Now your telling Felix what she should and shouldn't do? She's supposed to be scared to double now? lol
    Allyson Felix ain't scared of nobody.Never has been scared in her entire career starting as a freshman in
    high school.
    "Sprintin' ain't easy,baby !

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by _Jay View Post
    No, I'm not telling her what to do nor am I implying she should be scared to double. I am of the opinion though that if she wants a gold medal, she shouldn't double or it will be 2011 all over again and she leaves with a silver and a bronze. History could very well repeat itself.

Whatever though, that's my thought and you may very well think she can run 3 rounds of 200, 3 rounds of 400 and deliver lifetime bests in both. I don't.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
    No, I'm not telling her what to do nor am I implying she should be scared to double. I am of the opinion though that if she wants a gold medal, she shouldn't double or it will be 2011 all over again and she leaves with a silver and a bronze. History could very well repeat itself.

Whatever though, that's my thought and you may very well think she can run 3 rounds of 200, 3 rounds of 400 and deliver lifetime bests in both. I don't.
    You said she needs to stick to the 400m. Then implied that she wont challenge them if she doesnt only run the 200m, and will leave disappointed if she tries to double...yeah. OK, got it.
    Last edited by _Jay; 08-28-2015 at 04:50 PM.