Semi 1 Thompson & McGrone
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8uVFyoBXgo

Semi 2 Schippers & Simpson
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=377ZPqPe5ts

Semi 3 Asher-Smith & Tarmoh
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWJXu4VFOT4

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Weights&Shoes View Post
    Asher-Smith making the final was a surprise?
    Yes To me it was... Is that a problem?

3. Collapse Details

Thompson shutting down so much while timing 22.13 was eye popping to me. I thought for sure Schippers would win before the semis, but now it looks like the final will be a cracker between the two.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Weights&Shoes View Post
    Asher-Smith making the final was a surprise?
    Reaching the final was no surprise for me. The way she reached the final was ...

Is the track this fast ? I see 3 women go under 22 seconds in the final. Something that only Felix managed the last years.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guinep View Post
    Thompson shutting down so much while timing 22.13 was eye popping to me. I thought for sure Schippers would win before the semis, but now it looks like the final will be a cracker between the two.
    I concur Thompson looks great. I am definitely picking her to win. Dafne has already run 5 rounds already (3+2) and that will be the factor here. Both are evenly matched but I think the fresher legs (ET) will win.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GijsZePa View Post
    Reaching the final was no surprise for me. The way she reached the final was ...
    Yup. Same thoughts. Didn't think she would make the final winning all her rounds and running new PBs, especially that semi-final run. Based on her overall season in both the 100/200 I had her making the final.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GijsZePa View Post

Is the track this fast ? I see 3 women go under 22 seconds in the final. Something that only Felix managed the last years.
    U know we all love to see fast times ...But I think these times at this championship are all crazy ...i mean the longer the distance the crazier the times ...not to take anything away from these girls but How come that this year all of these girls were pretty much in 22.1-22.2 range and all.of sudden all.of them runs pb and even jogging ..I think its kinda crazy ....dont really know whats going on but i think its kinda strange .

Even on the men 400m side ....all of those guy making new PR in the first heat and even jogging ......I wouldnt be surprised to see the ladies go sub 49 today

8. Collapse Details

Vcb On the outside is gonna take the bronze .....She is known to.run for her life and wouldnt be surprise if she goes 22.1-22.2 range

9. Collapse Details

FINAL START-LIST:

2. Veronica Campbell-Brown JAM
    3. Ivet Lalova-Collio BUL
    4. Dina Asher-Smith GBR
    5. Elaine Thompson JAM
    6. Dafne Schippers NED
    7. Candyce McGrone USA
    8. Jeneba Tarmoh USA
    9. Sherone Simpson JAM

LINK: http://www.iaaf.org/competitions/iaa...t#resultheader

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by benjastar123 View Post
    U know we all love to see fast times ...But I think these times at this championship are all crazy ...i mean the longer the distance the crazier the times ...not to take anything away from these girls but How come that this year all of these girls were pretty much in 22.1-22.2 range and all.of sudden all.of them runs pb and even jogging ..I think its kinda crazy ....dont really know whats going on but i think its kinda strange .

Even on the men 400m side ....all of those guy making new PR in the first heat and even jogging ......I wouldnt be surprised to see the ladies go sub 49 today
    It's not surprising for athletes to run their SB during the World Championship - this is what they have been preparing for all year. I'm not surprised with the women's 200m times since Schippers and Thompson have been hinting at sub 22 with their performances earlier in the year. The men's 400m times were eye popping to me though.