Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Kenyan Trials results

2. Collapse Details

Excuse my ignorance (I know I'm overlooking something obvious like 'already has a Wild Card'), but where does this leave Ndiku in the m5, Jepkemboi in wSt and Kipyego in w10? I'm assuming Cherono has a bye in the w5.

While we're at it, who is going for them in the Marathons?
    Men - Kipsang, Kiprotich, Kimetto?
    Women - MDib, Kiplagat?

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Excuse my ignorance (I know I'm overlooking something obvious like 'already has a Wild Card'), but where does this leave Ndiku in the m5, Jepkemboi in wSt and Kipyego in w10? I'm assuming Cherono has a bye in the w5.
    I THINK Ndiku was selected (I heard "Caleb" when they were announcing the teams for WC and Africa Games). Cherono is selected for 5K, Kipyego was selected for W 10K, despite not finishing the trial race. Jepkemboi is Kiyeng, who won the W SC.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank

4. Collapse Details

http://www.nation.co.ke/sports/athle...f/-/index.html

Men's marathon will be Kimetto, Kipsang and Mark Korir (who I'm not familiar with).

For Kenyan trials only top 2 are guaranteed a spot. The third team member for each event is selected by committee. May or may not end up being the actual third place finisher from each event.

Kipyego has been selected for the 10K (even though she didn't finish) as well and Ndiku (Mwangangi in the article) for the 5K.

I don't know about Jepkemboi in the steeple. Women's marathon will be Edna Kiplagat, Jemima Sumgong and Veseline Jepkesho.

5. Collapse Details

Kamworor's 10K of 27:11+ at Nairobi's altitude is said to be the fastest-ever at altitude....by a big margin!

6. Collapse Details

oops . . .
    Last edited by Atticus; 08-01-2015 at 07:49 PM.

7. Collapse Details

Color me confused. Coulda sworn I saw that S Kiprotich was also in for the men and M Dibaba for the women.
    When they announced the teams (on the live stream), I heard Kipsang, Kimetto and Korir.
    For the women, Edna Kiplagat, Jelagat (which one? There's a Jemima Jelagat 2:20:41 at Boston), possibly Helah Kiprop and somebody else. They have four, since E Kiplagat is defending.

Somebody needs to put together a database of Kenyan athletes, assigning a "primary key" to each so we can tell them apart.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank

8. Collapse Details

Color me confused. Coulda sworn I saw that S Kiprotich was also in for the men and M Dibaba for the women.
    I assume you mean Stephen Kiprotich, who is Ugandan. He'll be at world's I'm sure, just not for Kenya.

It's easy to get confused though, as Wilson Kipsang of Kenya's full name is Wilson Kipsang Kiprotich. I actually thought I heard once that Stephan Kiprotich's middle name was Kipsang, to boot ... but a quick search turns up nothing to that effect; figured that was a bit too good, haha.

Mare Dibaba will be in Beijing too, only for Ethiopia.

9. Collapse Details

The article clarifies that:

3rd in the M 5000, and selected, was Isiah Koech, called Kiplangat. Ndiku was also selected (Mwangangi).

Women's MAR is E Kiplagat, Jemima Jelagat (Sumgong in the article), Visilene Jepkesho (Veseline in the article, 2:24:44 for 3rd in Paris). No 4th woman in the article, but I think they announced four, including, perhaps, Helah Kiprop.

The article does not include a list of all 47, unfortunately.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HasBeenNeverWas View Post
    I assume you mean Stephen Kiprotich, who is Ugandan.
    OK, I'm stupid! But in my defense (for which, technically, there is none) look how many Kenyans have different names depending on what source you go by!!!