Facts, Not Fiction

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

As another poster had said, would Bolt be given the same pass that people are willing to give to felix?

If Bolt decided to run the 200m i am almost certain there would be accusations of him ducking a race with Gatlin because he was afraid to lose. In fact this accusation has been made already by 2 posters here. I do find it laughable at how people can twist arguments to suit their positions.

She made a choice she is entitled to make and decide what is best for her.

A - Run the 200 in a very competitive field and risk not getting a medal, or

B- Go for the title in a much less competitive field where you are among the favourites without much effort.

I know which one is easier and it is not A. She chose the Easy route to avoid the competition. However I understand it as well. If her rationale is that she wants a medal she has never gotten then THAT i can understand.

2. Collapse Details

In Bolt's case, it would be a choice between doing two events or just one. Felix doesn't realistically have that choice, given the schedule.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    In Bolt's case, it would be a choice between doing two events or just one. Felix doesn't realistically have that choice, given the schedule.
    I dont see it as ducking ....She would probably win the 200m if she focused for it.....I know it hurts Folks ...she has been running the 200and winning ever since she came in the business ....and I know a 200m without Felix doesnt feel right ...But she accomplished alot in that event while she stated since 2012 that when she gets older she will concentrate on the 400m a bit .....to be honest I dont really like 400m competition but maybe she can add a bit more flavour to it .I know for sure that when ohourugu and hastings hear this news they will train like a beast to defeat Felix ...but lets wait and see ....after she competes in the 400at Wc she will definitly run the 200m before the season ends and still wants to show the world she is the girl to beat in the 200m also

4. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by Kav View Post
    As another poster had said, would Bolt be given the same pass that people are willing to give to felix?

If Bolt decided to run the 200m i am almost certain there would be accusations of him ducking a race with Gatlin because he was afraid to lose. In fact this accusation has been made already by 2 posters here. I do find it laughable at how people can twist arguments to suit their positions.

She made a choice she is entitled to make and decide what is best for her.

A - Run the 200 in a very competitive field and risk not getting a medal, or

B- Go for the title in a much less competitive field where you are among the favourites without much effort.

I know which one is easier and it is not A. She chose the Easy route to avoid the competition. However I understand it as well. If her rationale is that she wants a medal she has never gotten then THAT i can understand.
    Glad you can understand !

Yea the gal with a list of 200m championship first places longer than my arm decides to start another arm for the 400m. Your red herring about Bolt and the 100/200 dumble is so bizarre, the 100/200 has almost nothing in common with the 200/400 double.

Many of her fans, user4 included think the 400m is the more prestigious race. It is the one lap, the race on which the freaking track is built. Seeing a sprinter deliver for 400m is the marquee event for many of us. She was made to run the 400m, she finally figured it out !!..

Watch out, the girl is going to wow and silence all the doubting dummies... she just has that elfin magic.
    Last edited by user4; 07-30-2015 at 03:44 PM.

5. Collapse Details

Can someone explain this to me please: When an athlete tries to double, fan interest and excitement is enhanced. Doubling is an accomplishment , a challenge not easily completed. Why then are events potentially amenable to doubling not routinely scheduled to make the attempt possible? Isn't this in the interest of the sport? I may be naive, but I don't get in whose interest it is not to do what seems eminently sensible.

6. Collapse Details

On a couple of occasions, the schedule has been altered to facilitate 200/400 doubling. Of course, that doesn't answer the question of why isn't it routinely set up that way.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank

7. Collapse Details

Most people simple don't want to risk it. We have very few persons who actually WANT to try the 200/400 double. It's usually hard to actually schedule it with trying to find space to give athletes ample rest between 100, 200, 400, 4x100 and 4x400.

I think Felix was and still is the slight favorite in both the 200 and the 400. I would say more so in the 200 than the 400 to be honest. With that being said through the competition in the 400 now is far less than in the 200 based on the times we have seen this year and with the likes of McCorory and SRR out.

Would I think Felix is ducking for not competing the 200? Not really. It would be more of a challenge to win the 200 yes but I think she knows it's the 200 or 400 and she has more to prove in the 400 than the 200 at any rate.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    Glad you can understand !

Yea the gal with a list of 200m championship first places longer than my arm decides to start another arm for the 400m. Your red herring about Bolt and the 100/200 dumble is so bizarre, the 100/200 has almost nothing in common with the 200/400 double.

Many of her fans, user4 included think the 400m is the more prestigious race. It is the one lap, the race on which the freaking track is built. Seeing a sprinter deliver for 400m is the marquee event for many of us. She was made to run the 400m, she finally figured it out !!..

Watch out, the girl is going to wow and silence all the doubting dummies... she just has that elfin magic.
    I see your comprehension skills are lacking, i made no reference to doubling. Do read again before typing. The analogy is apt as stated if Bolt chose the 200m over the 100m some would accuse him of ducking Gatlin. Hence the question posed.

That being said, it is Felix choice and i do believe all athletes are entitled to make the decisions which best suit them. Lastly your lack of decorum and manners is a reproach to the fine discussions that have taken place here. If you are unable to discuss the topics without attacking anyone please find a corner and go play with yourself.

9. Collapse Details

Bolt has ducked Gatlin for two seasons.

10. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Additionally I wonder if some of the reasons for choosing the 400 are National:

1) Team Felix may recognize that she is 1 of 4 for team USA in the 200 but only 1 of 3 in the 400. Lets face it , adding another to the stack of 200m golds she already has might seem boring the Felix.

2) Felix anchoring the 4x400 relay is an absolute must for USA and Felix. The 4x100 maybe not so much.

Lets face it the elfin magic is necessary for the prestige of the USA. She is more than a once in a decade multiple gold medal winning athlete, she is a national treasure.
    Last edited by user4; 07-30-2015 at 05:25 PM.