Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 207
  1. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    On the outside looking in.
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by dustoff View Post
    Bolt is the most talented sprinter we have seen so far, yes, but Gatlin is not as far off as you seem to think.
    Hehehe.

    You kids and your crazy posts.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    936
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuariki View Post
    The favoritism support for Gatlin is certainly understandable given the stellar season Gatlin has had to date. I will still stick with Bolt, and we will find out at the end of the month who gets to say "I told you so".
    You can't forget 2012 can ya? Well since 2012 Bolt has ran....one...sub9.80, Gatlin has ran six.

    That should tell you all you need to know, won't even be close.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by cladthin View Post
    Who would have thought a guy on this message-board controls the wind in Beijing?
    CT, Given the amount of hot air expended here, global warming is getting plenty of help.
    I heard on the weather report it was almost 100 degrees in the great Pacific Nothwest US today.

    Dickson, if you are so confident Gatlin wins in Beijing, why are you going to such lengths to convince yourself? or is that you just want everyone else to agree with you?
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    All this back and forth is causing a serious migraine. If you are confident that Gatlin will win just say so, the same goes for Bolt. Quit trying to convince others who think differently. Be brave enough to pick your Gold medal winner now, and see if it pans out in Beijing. :>)
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    936
    Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    CT, Given the amount of hot air expended here, global warming is getting plenty of help.
    I heard on the weather report it was almost 100 degrees in the great Pacific Nothwest US today.

    Dickson, if you are so confident Gatlin wins in Beijing, why are you going to such lengths to convince yourself? or is that you just want everyone else to agree with you?
    I guess I find it strange how anyone could back a guy with a 9.87 in two seasons vs a guy with obvious 9.68 ability.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    291
    Based on that 9.87 sprinter's history. Based on the fact that the 9.87 sprinter has run 9.5 thus making him the world record holder. Based on the fact that unequivocally that 9.87 sprinter is a proven championship performer. Gatlin may have 9.68 ability but that time still may not beat Bolt.

    It's okay that Gatlin is your choice. Everyone is entitled to pick whomever he or she thinks will win in Beijing. Stop trying to persuade people. It is sad.
    Last edited by akeemmtrackaz; 08-02-2015 at 04:18 AM.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    291
    Plus that 9.87 was ran in negative wind (-1.2) with Bolt shutting down in the last 10 metres.
    Last edited by akeemmtrackaz; 08-02-2015 at 04:17 AM.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by akeemmtrackaz View Post
    Based on that 9.87 sprinter's history. Based on the fact that the 9.87 sprinter has run 9.5 thus making him the world record holder. Based on the fact that unequivocally that 9.87 sprinter is a proven championship performer. Gatlin may have 9.68 ability but that time still may not beat Bolt.

    It's okay that Gatlin is your choice. Everyone is entitled to pick whomever he or she thinks will win in Beijing. Stop trying to persuade people. It is sad.
    And on two different message boards for that matter.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
    Obvious 9.68 ability?!
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Miami USA
    Posts
    317
    WTH! Only 3 guys in history has done sub 9.7 .
    I don't see any evidence Gay is going to improve this PB of 9.69 this season but of course it is possible. Blake's body has broken down over the stress of training to achieve his PB of 19.26 and 9.69 he definitely will not be improving his marks this season.

    Do you think it was a more credible hyping of Blake in 2012 to based on his performances than the present hyping of Gatlin in 2015? It seems like nothing more than wishful thinking to have expectations of Gatlin breaking 9.7 in Beijing when he has never demonstrated the ability to do this at anytime. Do you have information that he is regularly running 9.6 in training?

    The second part of your argument is that Bolt will not do sub 9.7 for the final in Beijing because he only has 2 sub 10 times this year. Now if I recall correctly in 4 finals Bolt has done sub 9.7 trice in two of the 4 finals Gatlin was there. Both times Gatlin had the better start and was leading Bolt at 50m and both times it was not close at the finish. Yes it is possible any of the athletes who line up in the final has a chance to win the gold but based on the pedigree of the athletes and the tale of the tape you are not saying that you have faith, or you hope or wish.... you are stating absolutely certainty that the obviously lesser athlete if going to defeat the obviously superior athlete. and will do so with a performance that the lesser athlete has never in his entire career even come close to recording.

    In a few weeks these questions will be answered. I thought the hype of Blake in 2012 was ridiculous as Blake is clearly not in Bolts league but his performances was at least a straw for those wishers to clutch. Now in 2015 we have a guy with less than half of Blake's straw and being hyped the same way as the new king.

    The likelihood of Gatlin running 9.65 is the same as tossing something up by hand and it not falling back to earth. The likelihood of Gatlin winning gold is 50/50 as only the champion is a better performer at majors which of course is why he is the champion.
    Last edited by mozitzu; 08-02-2015 at 05:25 AM.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui
    Posts
    6,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Dickson View Post
    You can't forget 2012 can ya? ......
    or 2008, or 2009 or 2011 or 2013
    Last edited by Tuariki; 08-02-2015 at 05:38 AM.
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •