Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Oregon Project (AlSal) Response
    Interesting and detailed response by Alberto Salazar on the front page. He was very firm and very clear that, "I will never permit doping.", and "Galen has never taken a banned substance in violation of the WADA Code." One always looks for wordsmithing in this kind of article, and there were a few instances where it sounded as if a lawyer helped write the sentence, but by and large, it was Alberto saying, not only No, but Hell No.

Time and further revelations will hopefully bring clarity to the matter. It seems that there were definitely cliques in the NOP, but that isn't surprising, given the competitive nature of world class athletes.

It will be interesting to see the response to this response . . .

2. Collapse Details

A detailed and powerful response. Well worth reading.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bobguild76 View Post

It will be interesting to see the response to this response . . .
    Checked out the infamous Let'sRun MB on this?
    Last I checked (about 2 hours ago), they were up to SEVENTEEN pages on it!!
    (Be willing to bet they're well over 20 by now!!)
    LOL

4. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Interesting and detailed response by Alberto Salazar .... One always looks for wordsmithing in this kind of article, and there were a few instances where it sounded as if a lawyer helped write the sentence...

...but that isn't surprising, given the competitive nature of world class athletes.. .
    Well of course he has to lawyer up and I certainly dont blame him. He is a great coach, and there are no great coaches that dont take every advantage they can for their athletes. Sorry that is just reality. I seriously doubt that he was doing anything different than the coaches that he was up against.

5. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    I about fell over laughing when he said the reason for testing Androgel on his kids was seeing alleged Gatlin saboteur Chris Whetstine "rubbing Galen's shoulders" LOL. Also you'll need a microscope to find any mention of Nike over the two page statement(and never in conjunction with the words "Oregon Project")

Good to hear USADA is taking the allegations against Salazar seriously.

http://news.yahoo.com/alberto-salaza...170535562.html
    There are no strings on me

6. Collapse Details

One always looks for wordsmithing in this kind of article, and there were a few instances where it sounded as if a lawyer helped write the sentence, but by and large, it was Alberto saying, not only No, but Hell No.
    I think the wordsmithing and legal assistance were a big part of why this response has been taking so long to come out. AS was so careful to document most of his evidence, basically getting his ducks in a row (!) as he probably knew that he had ONE SHOT at this and he better make it good. Some of this could end up in a courtroom by the time the smoke clears.

And it's great that this came out before nationals.
    Last edited by Bob Duncan; 06-24-2015 at 11:15 PM.

7. Collapse Details

Maybe I'm naive, but I'm inclined to believe him innocent until proven guilty. Mostly, and not shockingly, I hear people from his past who harbor resentments making statements which are fodder for the press. I hope I don't have to eat these words, but I just don't see any compelling evidence yet that would justify what's gone on in the media. As an aside, he does seem like a very organized fellow!

8. Collapse Details

We're I Salazar, I would do the same as he has. He, Rupp, and who knows who else have everything to loose here and not much to gain. I would make use of the best lawyers Nike is making available to protect my reputation.

Like some others, I assume innocence until guilt is proven.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I would make use of the best lawyers Nike is making available to protect my reputation.
    And to protect Nike's reputation, too. After the alleged FIFA shenanigans, I assume they'd like to be away from this as much as they can.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by effable View Post
    Maybe I'm naive, but I'm inclined to believe him innocent until proven guilty.
    And of course that's how it should be. But I think this race has quite a few laps left to run before the finish line is reached.