Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    VCB:" I have never put a really good 100 metres together”
    Nice interview by Veronica Campbell-Brown on the home page.

2. Collapse Details

Reuters) - Veronica Campbell-Brown, the first lady of Jamaican sprinting, believes she will run faster than ever after enduring an ordeal she trusts no other athlete will have to suffer……

rest of original post cut by mods: wholesale cutting and pasting of stories is a violation of copyright law. Thanks for understanding
    Last edited by gh; 05-23-2015 at 02:33 PM.

3. Collapse Details

Her PB race in Ostrava is obviously pretty close though she has started better indoors. I thought her London Final was very good also.

I've been a big fan since she was a junior and the doping bust and then clearing must have been incredibly hard to move on from. Would be nice to see her return to the podium again in Rio.

4. Collapse Details

The doping controversy was a bitter pill to swallow for her. I think she will definitely move on.

Her 10.78 race in 2010 wasn't a bad race either. But her 10.76 was definitely her best race.

I believe she could have run a great 100m time in 2008, especially at the Beijing Olympics if she had qualified for the event.

5. Collapse Details

Veronica 10.78 in Eugene in 2010
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVLV8XTlK_g

Veronica 10.76 in Ostrava after a poor star
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqXGQCuQAA0

I loved the race in Eugene.

6. Collapse Details

She is absolutely right........... Great self-assessment. Her best runs have been a collection of technical near-misses. Look out world. No one has more competitive fire. No one has more athletic ability.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by houstonian View Post

She is absolutely right........... Great self-assessment. Her best runs have been a collection of technical near-misses. Look out world. No one has more competitive fire. No one has more athletic ability.
    How much faster you think she can go?

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by akeemmtrackaz View Post
    How much faster you think she can go?
    With each passing year, the window of opportunity closes further, because of the inescapable demands of age. However, IF she makes technical gains (lower heel carriage in acceleration, more front-side action when vertical) she can negate some of that erosion.
    If she equals her PR, that would be more than holding serve. If all went technically perefct, perhaps there is .05 to be had.
    Last edited by houstonian; 05-24-2015 at 07:07 PM.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by houstonian View Post
    With each passing year, the window of opportunity closes, because of the inescapable demands of age. However, IF she makes technical gains (lower heel carriage in acceleration, more front-side action when vertical) she can negate some of that erosion.
    If she equals her PR, that would be more than holding serve. If all went technically perefct, perhaps there is .05 to be had.
    A healthy vcb can alway put great times.But still i have a feeling that her best days are really behind her especially in the 200m . I dont know how fast she think she can go over the 100m but I think Beijing was her best shot of putting a great time together in the 100m .Also 2010- 2011 also seemed like a very great year for her .
    Im afraid her best days are behind her ,but still i think thats the case ....She might well go fast this year but I doubt new PB

10. Collapse Details

And has she now rid herself of that sketchy start (which sometimes might have given her a bit of a roll forward but would also require her to stop and react/start poorly (or of a t-monk question, maybe).