Facts, Not Fiction

Thread: help me ...

1. Collapse Details
    help me ...
    I was surfing thu channels last pm ... and collided with show something like C&W awards show. Since it was towards the end and I was waiting for the news, I thought I would listen to the remaining line-up. With Kelly Clarkson, Imagine Dragons, and Kane West left on the ticket I thought I'd give it a go, since Clarkson had had rave reviews, Imagine Dragons are from our local High School paying tribute Plus my daughter sat next to them at lunch time when they were talkin about getting famous ...to Ben E King and Kanye West the self programmed Michelangelo, Beethoven, and he is the smartest man in the world. So that's the way my planned finish was to transpire. Wasn't sure if he was going to impose his assessment on any award winners this night.

So Clarkson did a bit better than Ok ('B-'), Imagine Dragons, Stand by Me ('B+)and Beethoven an 'F'. Same complaints as usual. Noise, jumpin around and a prolong conclusion with more of the above. Lots of fire and background smoke., and an effortful grand finally, which really was only jump and a look at the crowd. I'm pretty sure age had gotten me and talked some sense into my 50s-60s-70s- real music.

As for West he didn't take the (Beethoven's/constitutional) fifth but he should have

I was stunned really and it only cemented my conviction to stay away from those tootin their own horns.

Oh he did'nt high jack anyone's award. So the help I need is whos fo and whos ya for Beethoven

2. Collapse Details

Whatever it was called, it was not C&W.. I skipped right past it.
    The "duet" show Friday nite was not bad.. known "artists" covering known artist from 50s and 60s.

3. Collapse Details

Kanye West is the Faustus of modern music. He obviously sold his soul to the Devil. That is the only logical explanation for why he is so successful. That goes for Justin Bieber also. Justin Timberlake, overexposed as he may be, is probably the single most talented music guy on the pop scene.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Kanye West is the Faustus of modern music. He obviously sold his soul to the Devil. That is the only logical explanation for why he is so successful. That goes for Justin Bieber also. Justin Timberlake, overexposed as he may be, is probably the single most talented music guy on the pop scene.
    Old men talking about pop music, the more things change the more they stay the same.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by booond View Post
    Old men talking about blah, blah, blah.
    Then why do I find do many current pop songs, including rap (Nelly is a genius), so palatable? Timberlake, great. West and Bieber, not. You know who has a TON of talent (though totally messed up in the head)? Marshall Mathers aka Slim Shady aka Eminem. Tupac Shakur (RIP), another genius.

6. Collapse Details

Are you the Dollar Store for "Genius" classification?

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by booond View Post
    Old men talking about pop music, the more things change the more they stay the same.
    thought crossed my mind and hearkened back to what my Dad said about the music in 50s and 60s and I was gone by the 70s. I'm not sure if he ever heard the BB King 'melody' "The Thrill is Gone". Yep I'm an old man - ... a minuscule portion of the thrill is gone.
    Last edited by no one; 05-18-2015 at 04:30 PM.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    Whatever it was called, it was not C&W.. I skipped right past it.
    The "duet" show Friday nite was not bad.. known "artists" covering known artist from 50s and 60s.
    yep - I missed that - the risk of drawing a limited sample. - Sounds like I missed out - on that part of the (whatever show it was) selections.