Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post
    54.7 last lap for Saarel.
    But in a slow race that's not special. He needs to learn to push the pace in NCAA's. I also understand he's coming back from injury.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyp View Post
    Thanks. Looks like Saarel just doesn't have a kick. He ran 5 seconds faster in heat.
    54.7 last lap for Saarel.

Saarel is a great talent but I'm guessin he got caught in the 'I have a better kick than anyone' syndrome. Most mid-dist guys believe that they have the best kick in any give race - even if their racing history leans in that direction. In a meet like the NCAAs it is wise to "take care" of the kickers sooner rather than later. While an outstanding kicker, Marty Liquori was a master at this, German Fernandez ran a smart race his Frosh yr. I'm sure there are others

3. Collapse Details

It's All Over Now.
    That's how it felt for us Duck fans when Jenna didn't step out onto the infield for the LJ (she was sitting a few rows below us and we were all scratching our heads). While the SC women out-performed the form charts by about a dozen points, the Duck women were out of their heads (hey, that's two Stones references in one post), scooping up un-anticipated points right and left. One of the great team efforts of all time. With the UCLA dorms 100 meters away and two schools in the LA basin, Duck fans out-numbered (or at least out-yelled) any other conference team. Crowds were 1000-1200 per day; couple that with the Oxy crowd of around 1000 and one must conclude that T&F is officially dead and buried in LA.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by player View Post
    Story has been updated to state that Prandini was apparently ill, not injured (per teammates).
    Food poisoning
    "Sprintin' ain't easy,baby !

5. Collapse Details

Where were the UCLA athletes ? I saw alot of Athletes walking around in sweats,and sitting in the stands.Not seen on the track.Wow.???
    "Sprintin' ain't easy,baby !

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TWalsh View Post
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to disagree with you. This current USC team has three amazing legs, and one leg that is a notch below the best. UCLA's 38.59 had no weak links. Brian Mercado is a great guy. But I would not put him in the class of Henry Thomas. No Way!
    Lewis and Everett never broke a 10.4 for a 100m. Thomas never broke 10.10 and while at the NCAA level neither had Marsh....I think.

This USC team has...

DeGrasse 9.97
    Lee 10.07
    Thymes 10.18
    And could run Adoree Jackson 10.4

They do have more speed.
    Last edited by Dickson; 05-19-2015 at 12:27 AM.

7. Collapse Details

I forgot that the 4x100 was lining four guys in the blocks and you add up their times.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by booond View Post
    I forgot that the 4x100 was lining four guys in the blocks and you add up their times.
    Apparently you also forgot when somebody is talking about who has the most "speed" we look at their 100m times.

And, when selecting our National teams how is that done, oh yeah....the 100m.

Yes I know...

Arkansas...hurdler Fred Cleary, 400m Roddie Haley, long jumper (yes he ran the 200m) Michael Conley. finally a 100m sprinter Wallace Spearmon

The Brits with hurdlers Jackson & Jarrett

And on and on...
    Last edited by Dickson; 05-19-2015 at 12:58 AM.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dickson View Post
    Apparently you also forgot when somebody is talking about who has the most "speed" we look at their 100m times.

And, when selecting our National teams how is that done, oh yeah....the 100m.

Yes I know...

Arkansas...hurdler Fred Cleary, 400m Roddie Haley, long jumper (yes he ran the 200m) Michael Conley. finally a 100m sprinter Wallace Spearmon

The Brits with hurdlers Jackson & Jarrett

And on and on...
    We're not talking about who has the most 100 meter speed but who runs the fastest relay... not always the same.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by booond View Post
    We're not talking about who has the most 100 meter speed but who runs the fastest relay... not always the same.
    Actually who had the more "speed" was exactly what was being talked about. Go back a page and you'll see for yourself. You came in the middle of a conversation.

Trust me me we all know about that Questad Stanford team, that French team, ok? This wasn't about that.