Facts, Not Fiction

Thread: Olympedia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Olympedia
    We are updating Olympedia. If I gave you access to this within the past few years, please contact me at bill1729@gmail.com and give me your username and e-mail. Unfortunately I didn't save all your e-mails, which will now become your usernames. Alternately you can go into the website (www.olympedia.org) and change your username to your e-mail on your account.

2. Collapse Details

email sent
    thanks for access I really love the site.
    tom
    Tom Hyland:
    "squack and wineturtle get it"

3. Collapse Details

What is olympedia.org site all about?

4. Collapse Details

Question for bambam: how does the olympedia.org site differ from what you have done for the sports-reference site?

When you guys introduced the original site, I got access and it was unbelievably great. When you partnered with sports-reference, I just went there for all of the information. Is there anything on the olympedia site that I couldn't find on the sports-reference site?

Again, I thank all of you for the wonderful work on the project. Amazing stuff.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GHM View Post
    What is olympedia.org site all about?
    The OlyMADMen created an Olympic reference site. bambam is one of the folk who created it. Bill was nice enough to give access to the private site to members of this board before the OlyMADMen partnered with sports-reference.com

Much of if not all of, the info, is also available at the no registration site >

http://www.sports-reference.com/olympics/
    Tom Hyland:

6. Collapse Details

I love the site.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

7. Collapse Details

Olympedia is our research site that we use internally. Sports-reference/olympics is based on it. The format is a little different and we like Olympedia better, but the basic information is the same. Olympedia is a little more up-to-date as it takes about 2-3 weeks to get new stuff into sports-reference, since their focus is baseball-reference.

Thanx for all the kinds words. Over the past 2-3 years we've been adding what we call MegaUpdates to the various sports, which add a lot of information. All Winter Sports are done. The T&F MegaUpdate is finished but it is very large and complex (took me about 4 months to do it), and our webmaster needs some time to input it. Hopefully soon.

8. Collapse Details

I'm getting this:
    Cloud not found

This domain is hosted on Shelly Cloud, but is not connected to any Cloud.

Please refer to the Cloudfile documentation to learn how to configure a Cloud to use custom domains.

You can also contact Shelly Cloud Support.

...when I use the link I have in my favorites list
    http://olympedia.org/account/login

Do I need a new link now?

Thanks
    Tom
    Tom Hyland:

9. Collapse Details

That's the correct URL but the login is now your e-mail address. E-mail me at bill1729@gmail.com if you are still having problems.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post
    That's the correct URL but the login is now your e-mail address. E-mail me at bill1729@gmail.com if you are still having problems.
    I got your earlier e-mail and know the changes On casual investigation it seems to be something wonkie with my favorites list if I enter other ways it's ok but of I click thru from my list I get the warning- as long as I can get in the mystery will remain a mystery.
    Tom Hyland: