Not exactly the subject of this thread, but maybe a somewhat (not so-) amusing anecdote.

I love broccoli.
I put it in my noodle concoctions, omelets, and sometimes just eat it plain----dipped in 1000 Island dressong----as a snack.

But on or about March 10, I snacked on a few pieces of then-old (past use by date on package of broccoli florets), dipping them in the dressing.

Didn't taste any different, but 1-3 hours later, I was in agony from food poisoning!!

Only today---about 12 days later---does it SEEM I'm fully recovered!!
(Knock on wood!!)

Food poisoning is something NO ONE should have to suffer through!!

But will I still eat broccoli?
Yes!